Olin Boat Launch Closure Alert (July 28, 2021)
Due to a permitted event, the Olin Park boat launch will be closed, Wednesday, July 28 - 6am to 3pm
ACCESS THE LAKES!
Surrounded by more than 15,000 acres of lakes, accessing the water is easy in Madison and surrounding communities with your Lake Access Permit. A daily or annual permit is required year-round at designated sites to launch a motorboat, sailboat, iceboat, canoe, kayak, or ATV (see locations below). Piers are available spring through fall. Installation and removal are dependent on the weather and lake conditions.
- A daily or annual permit is required year-round to launch a motorboat, sailboat, iceboat, canoe, kayak, or ATV.
- Purchase permit ONLINE or by calling during regular office hours. Onsite kiosks are not available.
- The permit is valid for the issue year through March 31 of the following year.
- The permit should be displayed on the inside driver's side windshield.
DESIGNATED CITY OF MADISON LAUNCH LOCATIONS BY LAKE
- LAKE MONONA: Law, Olbrich, Olin
- LAKE MENDOTA: Marshall, Spring Harbor, Tenney, Warner
LAUNCH AREA PARKING RULES AND TIPS (Ordinance 8.16):
View all Boat Launches
- Long stalls are for parking vehicles with trailers only.
- Regular-size stalls are for parking vehicles with no trailer only.
- Parking on the grass is prohibited.
- When the launch parking lot is full, you must find an alternative launch site
- Violators are subject to a citation.
Law Park - Boat Launch
Lake Access Permit Required: Yes
Notes: Parking is very limited for this location with no trailer parking available.