OPEN with Precautions:
- In several locations, this may mean one person on a pier at a time. Take turns and be courteous of others.
- Be mindful of common touchpoints. Use gloves, hand sanitizer or disinfectant wipes
- Daily and Annual Permits - may be purchased ONLINE only, iron rangers are temporarily removed
- As of early, piers are available at the following locations: Marshall, Olbrich, Olin, Tenney, and Warner
Launch your watercraft or ATV!
Surrounded by over 15,000 acres of lakes, accessing the water is easy in Madison and surrounding communities with your Lake Access Permit. A daily or annual Lake Access Permit is required year-round for launching a motorboat, sailboat, iceboat, canoe, kayak, or ATV from a designated lake access parking lots (see locations below). Piers are in place early/mid-spring through fall.
LAKE ACCESS PERMIT (Ordinance 8.215):
• A daily or annual Lake Access Permit is required year-round for launching a motorboat, sailboat, iceboat, canoe, kayak, or ATV from a designated lake access parking lot and may be purchased ONLINE.
• The permit is valid for the issue year through March 31 of the following year at designated launch sites in Madison, Monona and Dane County (see brochure map).
• The permit should be displayed on the inside driver's side windshield
DESIGNATED CITY OF MADISON LAUNCH LOCATIONS BY LAKE
LAKE MONONA: Law, Olbrich, Olin
LAKE MENDOTA: Marshall, Spring Harbor, Tenney, Warner
LAUNCH AREA PARKING RULES AND TIPS (Ordinance 8.16):
View all Boat Launches
- Long stalls are for parking vehicles with trailers only.
- Regular-size stalls are for parking vehicles with no trailer only.
- Parking on the grass is prohibited.
- When the launch parking lot is full, you must find an alternative launch site
- Violators are subject to a citation.
Law Park - Boat Launch
Lake Access Permit Required: Yes
Notes: Parking is very limited for this location with no trailer parking available.