From 5:30 a.m. on 11/21/2017 through 5:30 a.m. on 11/22/2017, MPD received 379 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) SOUTH: Missing Juvenile/Runaway – 9:28 a.m. Officers responded to Park St/Buick St where a juvenile subject (16 year old AAM) fled from a transport van from another city/agency. The juvenile was being transported to the Juvenile Reception Center for sanctions. Area checked. Attempt to locate aired. Juvenile listed as missing in the appropriate databases.
2) SOUTH: Death Investigation – 9:53 a.m. Officers responded to a south side residence to check the welfare of a subject. The subject (60 year old WF) was found deceased. The decedent had numerous medical issues. Medical Examiner responded to the scene. Investigation continuing.
3) EAST: Residential Burglary – 10:15 a.m. Officers responded to residence on the east side where the resident reported their shotgun to be missing. The shotgun was taken from a garage that had likely been left open. Investigation continuing.
4) EAST: Missing Adult – 5:24 p.m. Officers responded to Galileo Dr for a report of a missing suicidal subject (47 year old WF). Area checked, subject not located. Another call came into Dispatch that the subject was pounding on a door and the caller was afraid. Dane County Sheriff's Office located the subject as she was in their jurisdiction at the time and conveyed her to a local hospital. MPD met the subject at the hospital. The subject was admitted voluntarily to a different local hospital where she was conveyed to and left in their care.
5) NORTH: Conveyance Mental Health – 5:32 p.m. Officers responded to Vera court where a juvenile subject (14 year old AAM) was causing a disturbance. Case workers, social workers and family members were all present. The subject was taken into protective custody. While adjusting the handcuffs on the subject, he slipped the handcuff and punched two MPD officers and a medical worker. The subject will be conveyed to Winnebago via an ambulance.
6) SOUTH: Check Person – 7:45 p.m. Officers responded to the area of Highland and University Ave to check the welfare of a subject (20 year old WM) who was running into traffic, jumping on cars and making concerning statements. The subject was contacted and found to be under the influence. The suspect was out of control and said that he "did all the acid." The suspect was taken into custody and transported to a local hospital. The suspect was cited for resisting arrest and disorderly conduct.
7) NORTH: Sexual Assault of a Child – 11:48 p.m. Officers responded to take a report from a mother about a possible sexual assault of her child (4 year old WM). The mother became less than fully cooperative and refused for an exam to take place at the hospital. The mother/child left the hospital prior to a full investigation being initiated. Child Protective Services notified. Investigation continuing.
8) NORTH: Weapons Offense/Shots Fired – 12:08 a.m. Officers responded to Brentwood Parkway where shots fired were reported. The resident/victim (25 year old AAM) reported that he was asleep when he awoke to being struck by a hard object, believed to be a gun by an unknown suspect. The victim reported fighting off two suspects who ultimately fled. Press release completed. Investigation continuing.
9) EAST: Non-Residential Burglary – 2:04 a.m. Officers responded to a business in the 4000 block of Lien Road after forced entry was observed by security. Officers cleared the building and located no suspects. Investigation continuing.