Located across the street from Camp Randall Stadium on the UW-Madison campus, the crews at Station 4 justifiably claim their identity as Bucky's House.
The station was built in 1982.
It's staffed daily with four firefighters and two firefighter/paramedics who work 24-hour shifts.
- Engine 4 – a 2013 Pierce Quantum Engine with a 1250 gallons-per-minute fire pump and 500-gallon water tank along with ground ladders, fire hose, and tools. In addition, Engine 4 carries emergency medical equipment including a defibrillator, oxygen, and immobilization gear.
- Medic 4 – a 2014 Ford E450 Advanced Life Support-level ambulance
- Medic 64 – a 2008 Ford E450 ALS ambulance. This is a reserve ambulance for the City.
- 1 Lieutenant, station Officer
- 1 Apparatus Engineer (driver) operating the engine
- 2 Firefighters staffing the engine
- 2 Paramedics staffing the ambulance
Many stations develop a specific identity over time and carry that through with logos that members of the crew display with pride. With permission from the University of Wisconsin, Engine #4 sports images of Bucky Badger and UW-Madison flags, and Bucky takes center stage on the station logo. The crews unofficial motto: "First due to the U."
Station Four's News
National EMS Memorial Bike Ride Pays A Visit To Station 4 Posted 07/06/2018Fire Station 4 welcomed some special visitors last week—cyclists traveling from St. Paul to Chicago in memory of Emergency Medical Service personnel who have died in the line of duty. Read more »
Meet Medical Director Dr. Megan Gussick Posted 06/14/2018What does the MFD Medical Director do? Read more »
'Tactical Athlete' Program Aims To Reduce Injuries, Maximize Performance Posted 04/27/2018When a firefighter is injured, it’s critical they make a fast and thorough recovery before returning to duty. Not only does the community depend on a healthy workforce to perform heroic tasks at a moment’s notice, oftentimes physical injury can also take a psychological toll on the firefighter, who's sidelined as they recover. Read more »
Recruit Class 7 Graduates the MFD Fire Academy Posted 04/24/201818 firefighter recruits walked across the stage last Friday to receive their badges and pledge an oath to serve and protect the City of Madison with integrity, courtesy, respect, compassion, and trustworthiness. Read more »
Meet Firefighter Desmond Leidich Posted 03/23/2018Seventeen new firefighters now serve at a fire station near you! Get to know them by subscribing to the MFD Blog.Where are you stationed? I am at Station 4 on the B shift. Read more »