Located across the street from Camp Randall Stadium on the UW-Madison campus, the crews at Station 4 justifiably claim their identity as Bucky's House.
The station was built in 1982.
It's staffed daily with four firefighters and two firefighter/paramedics who work 24-hour shifts.
- Engine 4 – a 2013 Pierce Quantum Engine with a 1250 gallons-per-minute fire pump and 500-gallon water tank along with ground ladders, fire hose, and tools. In addition, Engine 4 carries emergency medical equipment including a defibrillator, oxygen, and immobilization gear.
- Medic 4 – a 2014 Ford E450 Advanced Life Support-level ambulance
- Medic 64 – a 2008 Ford E450 ALS ambulance. This is a reserve ambulance for the City.
- 1 Lieutenant, station Officer
- 1 Apparatus Engineer (driver) operating the engine
- 2 Firefighters staffing the engine
- 2 Paramedics staffing the ambulance
Many stations develop a specific identity over time and carry that through with logos that members of the crew display with pride. With permission from the University of Wisconsin, Engine #4 sports images of Bucky Badger and UW-Madison flags, and Bucky takes center stage on the station logo. The crews unofficial motto: "First due to the U."
Station Four's News
Peer Support Program Offers A Helping Hand To First Responders Coping With Stress, Trauma Posted 01/24/2019Read more »
Meet Firefighter Mark Norton Posted 11/06/2018Seventeen new firefighters now serve at a fire station near you! Get to know them by subscribing to the MFD Blog. Where are you stationed? I’m at Station 4 (Monroe Street) on the C shift. Read more »
Meet Firefighter Grahm Yahn Posted 10/22/2018Seventeen new firefighters now serve at a fire station near you! Get to know them by subscribing to the MFD Blog. Where are you stationed? I'm stationed at Station 4 (Monroe Street) on the A shift. Read more »
National EMS Memorial Bike Ride Pays A Visit To Station 4 Posted 07/06/2018Fire Station 4 welcomed some special visitors last week—cyclists traveling from St. Paul to Chicago in memory of Emergency Medical Service personnel who have died in the line of duty. Read more »
Meet Medical Director Dr. Megan Gussick Posted 06/14/2018Read more »