Fire Station 10 is located on the north side of the city at 1517 Troy Drive. The station houses an engine crew and an ambulance.
The station began operations in 1962. It was formerly used as a fallout shelter for the community.
- Engine 10 – a 2009 Pierce Engine built on a Quantum Chassis with a 500-gallon water tank and a 1250 gallons-per-minute Hale pump. This apparatus is equipped with a Class A foam system, telescoping deck gun, fire hose, and tools. In addition, Engine 10 carries emergency medical equipment including a defibrillator, oxygen, and immobilization gear.
- Medic 10 - a 2017 Ford E-450 with a Braun Advanced Life Support patient compartment. It carries a full complement of advanced life support medicine and equipment including a defibrillator, oxygen, and immobilization gear. To aide in patient and paramedic safety, it operates with a Stryker power-loading cot.
- 1 Lieutenant, station officer
- 1 Apparatus Engineer (driver) operating the engine
- 2 Firefighters staffing the engine
- 2 Paramedics staffing the ambulance
Station 10's first-due territory serves the neighborhoods throughout Madison's north side and ranges from the Kraft/Oscar Mayer area through Warner Beach and Park towards Token Creek and Waunakee. Off-duty, many personnel further contribute to the community in local, national, and international volunteer service. It is their diverse backgrounds and skills that lend to the success and unity of the Station 10 crew's daily service delivery.
The crew has adopted a logo with a firefighting Mallard to note the station's proximity to the home of the Madison Mallards baseball team.
Station Ten's News
Meet Firefighter Brennan Boughton Posted 10/31/2018Seventeen new firefighters now serve at a fire station near you! Get to know them by subscribing to the MFD Blog. Where are you stationed? Read more »
Meet Firefighter Marshall Angst Posted 10/25/2018Seventeen new firefighters now serve at a fire station near you! Get to know them by subscribing to the MFD Blog. Where are you stationed? Read more »
Meet Firefighter Ryan Dostalek Posted 10/17/2018Seventeen new firefighters now serve at a fire station near you! Get to know them by subscribing to the MFD Blog.Where are you stationed? Read more »
First Annual Richard Garner Memorial Ride Raises Over $14,000 For Scholarship Fund Posted 07/20/2018On Friday, June 29, 300 Harley-Davidson enthusiasts and other supporters convened to honor late firefighter/paramedic Richard Garner in the First Annual Richard Garner Memorial Ride. Read more »
Meet Lieutenant Zak Smith Posted 07/13/2018Four new lieutenants were recently promoted at the MFD. Get to know them all week long on the MFD Blog! Read more »