Temporary Closure on Mineral Point Road at Junction Road
MFD is responding to a three-vehicle crash at Mineral Point Rd & Commerce Dr. Eastbound traffic is closed at Junction Road.
Station 2 is located on Grand Canyon Blvd. on Madison's west side. The firehouse was built in 1979 to accommodate the growing west side.
It is staffed daily with four firefighters and two firefighter/paramedics who work 24-hour shifts.
Station 2 houses Ladder Company 2 and Medic 2.
- Ladder 2 – a 2010 Pierce Quantum 105-foot aerial ladder with a 1500 gallons-per-minute fire pump and a complement of ground ladders, fire hose, tools, and extrication equipment.
- Medic 2 – a 2017 Ford E-450 with a Braun Advanced Life Support patient compartment. It carries a full complement of advanced life support medicine and equipment including a defibrillator, oxygen, and immobilization gear. To aide in patient and paramedic safety, it operates with a Stryker power-loading cot.
- Car 42 – a 2014 Ford F250 Utility Truck, assigned to the west district Captain.
- 1 Lieutenant, station officer
- 1 Apparatus Engineer (driver) operating the ladder truck
- 2 Firefighters staffing the ladder truck
- 2 Paramedics staffing the ambulance
Station Two News
July 7, 2019Earlier this year, Madison welcomed thirteen new firefighter/EMTs to your neighborhood fire station. Recruit Class 8 graduated the MFD Fire Academy in January, and some moved on to the MFD EMS Academy to receive their certification and license as Emergency Medical Technicians. Read more »
May 7, 2019Firefighter/Paramedic Gail Campbell has retired from the Madison Fire Department, capping off a career that spanned three decades and served all corners of the city. Campbell was first drawn to the MFD in the 1980s at the encouragement of her then-roommate, Jody Kurilla, now a retired lieutenant with MFD. Read more »
March 9, 2019Team Madison Fire participated in the Fight For Air Climb fundraiser in Milwaukee for the fourth year in a row on Saturday, March 9. The feat entails climbing 47 stories (1034 steps!) inside the U.S. Read more »
January 24, 2019
November 8, 2018Seventeen new firefighters now serve at a fire station near you! Get to know them by subscribing to the MFD Blog. Where are you stationed? I’m at Fire Station 2 (Grand Canyon Blvd.) on the A shift. Read more »