Station 2 is located on Grand Canyon Blvd. on Madison's west side. The firehouse was built in 1979 to accommodate the growing west side.
It is staffed daily with four firefighters and two firefighter/paramedics who work 24-hour shifts.
Station 2 houses Ladder Company 2 and Medic 2.
- Ladder 2 – a 2010 Pierce Quantum 105-foot aerial ladder with a 1500 gallons-per-minute fire pump and a complement of ground ladders, fire hose, tools, and extrication equipment.
- Medic 2 – a 2017 Ford E-450 with a Braun Advanced Life Support patient compartment. It carries a full complement of advanced life support medicine and equipment including a defibrillator, oxygen, and immobilization gear. To aide in patient and paramedic safety, it operates with a Stryker power-loading cot.
- Car 42 – a 2014 Ford F250 Utility Truck, assigned to the west district Captain.
- 1 Lieutenant, station officer
- 1 Apparatus Engineer (driver) operating the ladder truck
- 2 Firefighters staffing the ladder truck
- 2 Paramedics staffing the ambulance
Station Two's News
Peer Support Program Offers A Helping Hand To First Responders Coping With Stress, Trauma Posted 01/24/2019It’s a chilling reality: First responders are more likely to die by suicide than in the line of duty. Read more »
Meet Firefighter D'Juan Roberts Posted 11/08/2018Seventeen new firefighters now serve at a fire station near you! Get to know them by subscribing to the MFD Blog. Where are you stationed? Read more »
Meet Firefighter Rob Wand Posted 11/02/2018Seventeen new firefighters now serve at a fire station near you! Get to know them by subscribing to the MFD Blog. Read more »
Meet Firefighter Sam Coenen Posted 10/26/2018Seventeen new firefighters now serve at a fire station near you! Get to know them by subscribing to the MFD Blog. Where are you stationed? I’m at Fire Station 2 (Grand Canyon Blvd.) on the C shift. Read more »
Meet Medical Director Dr. Megan Gussick Posted 06/14/2018What does the MFD Medical Director do? Read more »