Located at Nelson Road and Morgan Way, Station 11 provides coverage to the far-northeast side of Madison. Engine 11 covers many newly-developed commercial and residential areas, including The American Center and Oakwood Village East.
Engine 11 also provides first-in response to the Interstate (I90/I94) between Highways 12/18 and Highway 151. Station 11 opened in 2005 and has a modern design with architectural and energy-saving features.
Station 11 takes pride in its rural setting close to the Interstate System and several major highways. The crew of Engine 11 works closely with the State Patrol to coordinate Interstate rescue operations while keeping traffic flowing on this vital thoroughfare. Station 11 also trains with several mutual-aid departments to provide water supply and fire suppression in areas without fire hydrants.
- Engine 11 – a 2017 Pierce Quantum Pumper manufactured in Appleton, WI with a Hale fire pump rated at 1250 gallons per minute. It has a 500-gallon booster tank and carries an additional 20 gallons of foam for Class A fires. It contains four pre-connected fire attack lines and a compliment of 5” and 2 ½” supply lines. In addition to firefighting and rescue tools, E11 carries a full complement of EMS equipment. Engine 11 has a gross vehicle weight of 46,800 pounds and is powered by a 400 hp Cummins diesel engine which provides a top speed of 65 miles per hour.
- Reserve Rigs – Station 11 is often the home to several reserve apparatuses.
- Car 43 – a 2014 Ford F250 Utility Truck assigned to the east district Captain.
- ATV units – Station 11 houses three specialized ATVs. These are used as a Medical Transport Unit and a specialized 6'x6' mini-ambulance used to facilitate patient transport at special events.
- 1 Lieutenant, station officer
- 1 Apparatus Engineer (Driver) operating the engine
- 2 Firefighters staffing the engine
Fire Stations 6, 7, 11, 12, and 13 have community rooms available for meetings. Please refer to our Policy for Use of Fire Station Meeting Rooms. To reserve a room, contact Dawn Turner at 608-261-9829.
Station Eleven News
July 7, 2019Earlier this year, Madison welcomed thirteen new firefighter/EMTs to your neighborhood fire station. Recruit Class 8 graduated the MFD Fire Academy in January, and some moved on to the MFD EMS Academy to receive their certification and license as Emergency Medical Technicians. Read more »
January 24, 2019