Located at Nelson Road and Morgan Way, Station 11 provides coverage to the far-northeast side of Madison. Engine 11 covers many newly-developed commercial and residential areas, including The American Center and Oakwood Village East.
Engine 11 also provides first-in response to the Interstate (I90/I94) between Highways 12/18 and Highway 151. Station 11 opened in 2005 and has a modern design with architectural and energy-saving features.
Station 11 takes pride in its rural setting close to the Interstate System and several major highways. The crew of Engine 11 works closely with the State Patrol to coordinate Interstate rescue operations while keeping traffic flowing on this vital thoroughfare. Station 11 also trains with several mutual-aid departments to provide water supply and fire suppression in areas without fire hydrants.
- Engine 11 – a 2017 Pierce Quantum Pumper manufactured in Appleton, WI with a Hale fire pump rated at 1250 gallons per minute. It has a 500-gallon booster tank and carries an additional 20 gallons of foam for Class A fires. It contains four pre-connected fire attack lines and a compliment of 5” and 2 ½” supply lines. In addition to firefighting and rescue tools, E11 carries a full complement of EMS equipment. Engine 11 has a gross vehicle weight of 46,800 pounds and is powered by a 400 hp Cummins diesel engine which provides a top speed of 65 miles per hour.
- Reserve Rigs – Station 11 is often the home to several reserve apparatuses.
- Car 43 – a 2014 Ford F250 Utility Truck assigned to the east district Captain.
- ATV units – Station 11 houses three specialized ATVs. These are used as a Medical Transport Unit and a specialized 6'x6' mini-ambulance used to facilitate patient transport at special events.
- 1 Lieutenant, station officer
- 1 Apparatus Engineer (Driver) operating the engine
- 2 Firefighters staffing the engine
Station Eleven's News
Meet Lieutenant Jeffery Vogen Posted 09/19/2017Six new lieutenants were recently promoted. Get to know them all week long on the MFD Blog! Where are you stationed? I’m at Station 11 (Morgan Way) on the ‘C’ shift. Read more »
Meet Firefighter Adam Thimmig Posted 05/09/2017Eighteen new firefighters now serve at a fire station near you! Check back daily and get to know them. Where are you stationed? I'm at Station 11 (Morgan Way) on the A shift. Read more »
Two New Fire Engines Are About To Hit The Road! Posted 03/07/2017Members of the Madison Fire Department were at Pierce Manufacturing in Appleton this week conducting final inspections on two new Pierce Quantum Fire Engines. Read more »
AE Eddie Emberson Retires With 28 Years Of Service In the Rear-View Mirror Posted 01/05/2017Apparatus Engineer Eddie Emberson is stepping down from the driver’s seat of Engine 11 one last time this week after nearly 28 years of dedicated service to the Madison Fire Department. Emberson’s path to the MFD was inspired in the 1980s by his father-in-law, then-Division Chief Ron Schmelzer. Read more »
Meet AE Jacob Conner Posted 09/19/2016Eight new Apparatus Engineers (AEs) were recently promoted and assigned to a station near you! Get to know them on the MFD Blog. Where are you stationed? Station 11 (Morgan Way) on the B shift Read more »