Last Updated: 04/27/2017
Beltline (Seminole Highway to Whitney Way)/Midvale Blvd. construction update
All lane restrictions and work operations are weather dependent and subject to change.
Access remains open to area businesses and neighborhoods in the project area. Please continue to patronize the area businesses!
Westbound and eastbound Beltline, Whitney Way to Seminole Highway
- Updated: Nightly ramp closures on the westbound Beltline at Verona Road and Whitney Way.
- 10 p.m. – 5 a.m. (Sept. 12-16) – Verona Road ramp to the westbound Beltline.
- 10 p.m. – 5 a.m. (Sept. 14-16) – Westbound Beltline exit ramp to Whitney Way.
- Alternate routes are required during these nightly closures.
- Updated: Nightly lane closures on the westbound Beltline ramp to Verona Road.
- 10 p.m. – 5 a.m. (Sept. 12-16)
- One ramp lane anticipated to be closed each night.
- Updated: Read the westbound Beltline construction activities, including the new westbound Beltline bridge.
- RAMP MOVEMENTS: Learn about the temporary ramp exit locations from the westbound Beltline to Verona Road and to Whitney Way.
- Westbound Beltline traffic to Verona Road shifted to the north side of the Beltline on temporary pavement.
- View the construction staging plans for the Beltline, Whitney Way to Seminole Highway.
- Note: You will need to zoom in to see details.
Verona Road, Midvale Boulevard and Hammersley Road
- Updated: Nightly lane closure on northbound and southbound Midvale Blvd., between the Beltline and Nakoma Road.
- 10 p.m. – 5 a.m. (Sept. 12-16)
- Hammersley Road at Midvale Blvd. CLOSED to through traffic throughout the week.
- Alternate local routes are required. Access remains open to local businesses and residences.
- Concrete paving ongoing at miscellaneous areas within the Beltline and Verona Road interchange.
- Grading/pavement removals, storm sewer, retaining wall and water main work continue for the new southbound Midvale Blvd.
- Pedestrians are encouraged to use the pedestrian overpasses east and west of Verona Road.
Verona Road (US 18/151) (Beltline to Raymond Road): The project began February 24 and is expected to be completed 2019.
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) is overseeing a multi-year reconstruction project that will improve Verona Road (US 18/151), a heavily-used highway in Fitchburg and Madison.
The project is divided into two stages:
- Beltline (US 12/18), from Whitney Way to Seminole Highway
- Verona Road, from Raymond Road to Nakoma Road
- Construction scheduled for 2013-2016
- Verona Road, from County PD (McKee Road) to Raymond Road
- Construction scheduled for 2017-2019
Access to area businesses and neighborhoods will remain open for motorists with destinations in the work zone.
Commuters and through travelers are urged to use alternate routes to avoid expected delays.
Weekly construction updates including upcoming lane closures and traffic impacts are provided on the project website, under the News tab:
Follow the project on facebook:
Businesses impacted by construction are encouraged to read techniques/tools outlined in WisDOT's "In This Together" program packet for the Verona Road Project.
If your business is located within the work zone, help your business not only survive, but thrive, during construction. Promote your business by uploading your business information to our website.
- Submit your business information. (Please allow 1-3 business days for information to be added.)
- Visit the project website (under Business resources) to view businesses located in the construction area.
View the Verona Road traffic staging plans (Beltline-Raymond Road) for March 21 until May 2014.
Please be alert for crews working in the area and drive with caution through the work zones.