W Washington Ave Resurfacing 2018
Regent Street to Bedford Street:
Road is open to through traffic.
Proudfit Street Intersection
- Madison Gas & Electric gas line project
- Contractor--KS Energy
- Contractor will close lanes of Proudfit Street during off-peak travel hours during the next two weeks to install a gas line across Proudfit Street.
Proudfit Street to Bedford Street
- City of Madison street reconstruction project
- Contractor—RG Huston
- The street reconstruction project in this section is complete, and the street is fully open.
Bedford Street to Broom Street
- MG&E electrical utility duct package project
- Work between Bedford Street and Bassett Street is complete
- Work continues in the Bassett Street intersection until Tuesday, August 21
- Work continues in the Broom Street intersection until approximately, Friday, August 31
- Following the current phase of work in Broom Street, work will transition to 360 West Washington Avenue for the final phase of construction, lasting until the end of September
West Washington Ave: Construction scheduled May 29 – August 10
W. Washington: Regent – Bedford
Project involves replacement of sanitary and storm sewer, asphalt pavement, deteriorated concrete pavement. The RR crossing will be replaced.
Road will remain open to through traffic with one lane in each direction except for one week when the RR tracks are replaced. This tentatively scheduled for July 27 to August 6. At that time the road will be open for local traffic only.
- Intren, LLC will close lanes to construction underground MG&E utilities on West Washington Avenue between Regent Street and Bedford Street. One lane of traffic will be maintained in each direction. The Southwest Commuter Path will remain open at all times. This project will continue until the start of the city of Madison street reconstruction project.
City of Madison Project:
- The city of Madison project will reconstruct West Washington Avenue between Regent Street and Bedford Street. The city contract will start on Tuesday, May 29, with a completion date of mid-August.
- Included in the city project is pavement replacement within the Regent Street & West Washington Avenue intersection, which will require additional lane closures. Press releases will be sent prior to those closures.
Bedford Street to Broom Street:
Intren continues work on the MG&E project that is on West Washington Avenue between Bedford Street and Broom Street. One lane of traffic will be maintained in each direction, at all times. This project will be completed in mid-June.
This project will include pavement replacement; curb, sidewalk, and driveway replacement as needed; replacement of existing sanitary sewer and lining of existing sanitary sewer; and storm sewer replacement. No work is expected to be performed on street lights or water main for this project. MG&E will be installing electrical facilities in advance of the City work between the railroad tracks and Bedford St. MG&E will then be continuing work on W Washington Ave towards Bassett St outside of the City's project limits.
As part of this project, the City will be coordinating with Wisconsin and Southern Railroad to replace the railroad crossing of W Washington Ave. The existing rubber material crossing will be replaced with concrete panels, which will extend through the sidewalk on both sides of the street. The crossing replacement will require the closure of W Washington Ave to through traffic between Regent St and Bedford St for approximately one week near the end of July.
Aside from a one week closure for the railroad crossing replacement, W Washington Ave will remain open to 1 travel lane in both directions throughout the project. On-street parking will be removed during construction, but access will be maintained to driveways at most times.
W Washington Avenue - Regent St to Bedford St