August Service Updates
Reduced Service Levels Continue
Due to staffing limitations, Metro continues to operate at a reduced capacity compared to service levels prior to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Staff are are doing their best to accommodate as many people as possible, but other than what is listed below, Metro will not be able to reinstate any additional routes in August.
Metro staff are currently in the process of conducting a complete review of Metro's entire service with a full reboot or redesign expected to start taking place in August, 2022.
Learn More About the Network Redesign
Plan Alternate Trips
Until this redesign is implemented, please tell us where and when you’d like to travel. We will do our best to find you an alternate route.
August Service Adjustments
The following changes will be implemented on Sunday, August 22.
- Route 10 – Route suspended. (Service added to Routes 28 and 38.)
- Route 27 – Route suspended. (Service added on Route 28.)
- Route 28 – A modified Route 28 will serve Eken Park residents. Service times will be staggered with the Route 2 schedule so frequency is every 15 minutes.
- Route 38 – Weekday route restored with added mid-day service. During morning and afternoon peaks, buses run every 30 minutes in both directions between University Row/Whitney Way and Pflaum Rd. (via UW Hospital, Wilson/Square & Dennett/Dempsey). During mid-day, buses continue to run every 30 minutes in both directions between the University Row/Whitney Way and Isthmus area (via UW Hospital & Wilson/Square). (To offset suspension of Route 10.)
In addition, these updates are also scheduled for August.
- Route 6/26 – Schedule adjustment so that transfer can be made at East Towne from Route 26 to Route 6 on final weekday trip of the day.
- Route 81 – Route adjusted. Bus stop shifted from N. Franklin to N. Blair
- Bus stop changes - Due to safety reasons, stop removed on Whitney Way at Schroeder (ID #8418). Affects routes 18, 50 and 51. See Map
Updated Materials Available in July
Online schedules, system maps and Google trip planning data are being updated and expected to be available sometime in July.