COVID-19 ALERT: Help keep your dog parks safe places during the COVID-19 pandemic. Follow these steps to stay safe and help us keep the dog parks open!
More information: Public Health Madison & Dane County
Don't touch entry gate, bag stations, trashcans, or other surfaces with your bare hands. Use gloves or cover your hand with a dog waste bag first.
Maintain social distancing of at least 6-feet between people, don't gather in groups, and don't pet other dogs.
After leaving the dog park, use hand sanitizer and wipe down your dog with pet-friendly wipes. Wash your hands when you get home.
DOG PARK CLOSURE NOTICE (as of 03/06/2020): Due to the spring thaw a number of dog parks are closed and will remain closed until further notice.
OPEN LOCATIONS: Brittingham, Quann, Sycamore, and Warner
DOG EXERCISE AREAS
WARNER PARK LAGOON
- REQUIRED A Dog Park Permit (daily or annual) is required for any dog visiting an off-leash dog park or any of the 26 on-leash parks.
- An annual permit may be purchased ONLINE or by calling (608)266-4711. It is valid for one calendar year and available after December 1 for the following year.
- A daily permit may be purchased from the kiosk at any of the 8 off-leash dog parks.
- REQUIRED A dog license is required for ALL visiting dogs. City of Madison residents may purchase through the City Treasurer's Office.
- Dogs visiting from other areas are always welcome with proper license and/or vaccinations from your town/municipality. Be prepared to show proof if asked by a Park Ranger.
- A dog license is ONLY available after a rabies vaccination is administered by a veterinarian within 30 days after the dog reaches 4 months of age. Dogs under 5 months of age or without proper vaccinations, are therefore not licensed and are PROHIBITED.
- REQUIRED Dogs must remain on-leash to/from your vehicle to the inside of the dog park area.
- PROHIBITED Dogs are not allowed in any non-designated park, which includes children's play areas, beaches, athletic fields, conservation parks, Forest Hill Cemetery or in any park building. During the winter dogs are not permitted on groomed cross-country ski trails.
Unlike the water at public beaches, the water in the lagoon at Warner Park is not tested by Public Health Madison & Dane County. Always check conditions before letting your dog in the water. LEARN MORE
PERMIT FREE DAY
Madison Parks in partnership with Dane County Parks annually offer one "free day" per year when no permit is required. This is typically in June and posted at least one month in advance.
On July 13, 2016 the Board of Park Commissioners
approved the Policy and Guidelines for Off-Leash Dog Park Service Area Standards within the Madison Park System
with Attachment A
. The Policy is intended to guide the Parks Division in planning new off-leash dog park (exercise) areas and to set standards for responding to requests for the creation of off-leash dog park (exercise) areas in the Madison Parks system.
View all Dog Off-Leash Parks
Sycamore Park - Dog Off-Leash Park
Location: 4517 Sycamore Ave.
Bag Dispenser: Yes