|Address:||830 Jana Lane|
|Hours:||4:00am - 10:00pm|
Park DetailsSycamore Park located on Madison's east side features a large off-leash dog exercise area, soccer fields, and playground equipment.
ADVENTURE BIKING TRAIL
A temporary adventure biking trail is open and free to use at Sycamore Park. The approximately 1-mile trail is located southeast of the off-leash dog park.
Alternate addresses: 4514 Nakoosa Trail, 4701 Sycamore Avenue
At this Park
Madison Parks ranks #1 in the nation for the number of basketball hoops per resident, come check out the hoops in your neighborhood! Most of the basketball courts are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. If you are planning a new league or tournament see Athletic Field Reservations.View all Basketball Courts
Sycamore Park - Basketball EastLocation: East of dog park
Number of Courts: 1 full
Sycamore Park - Basketball SouthLocation: South of dog park
Number of Courts: 1 half
Dog Off-Leash Park
NEW WEBSITE FEATURE
Scroll to see the green OPEN or red CLOSED status of your favorite off-leash dog park.
QUANN DOG PARK NEWS
- Join Madison Parks Foundation for Barks in Parks: Sculpture Unveiling on Sunday, April 30
- Goodman Pool is hosting the All-City Swim from Thursday, July 27 – Sunday, July 30; expect heavy traffic, lots of people & very limited to no parking.
In partnership with Dane County Parks, a Dog Permit is NOT required on the following days:
- Saturday - Sunday, June 3-4, 2023
Madison Parks offers 9 fenced, off-leash dog park areas with three locations, Odana School, Warner and Sycamore, providing a separate small-dog fenced area. A Dog Permit is required.
Daily $8 Annual $43 Annual Senior (65+) & Disabled $20 Annual Military/Veteran (New!) $20 Replacement $20
2024 permit is available for purchase starting Nov. 1, 2023.
- REQUIRED A Dog Permit is required
- A permit is required in order to bring your dog to any park, off-leash and on-leash, where a dog is allowed. See Dog Free Park for exceptions.
- The dog permit is part of the Cooperative Dog Park Program and also valid for use in Dane County Parks, City of Sun Prairie parks, and City of Middleton parks.
- Purchase a daily or annual permit ONLINE or by calling (608)266-4711.
- The 2023 Dog Permit will be available for purchase starting Nov. 1 and is valid through December 31. 2023.
- REQUIRED A dog license is required for ALL visiting dogs. City of Madison residents may purchase through Madison Treasury Office.
- Dogs visiting from other areas are always welcome with proper licenses and/or vaccinations from your town/municipality. Be prepared to show proof if asked by a Park Ranger.
- A dog license is ONLY available after a rabies vaccination is administered by a veterinarian within 30 days after the dog reaches 4 months of age. Dogs under 5 months of age or without proper vaccinations, are therefore not licensed and are PROHIBITED.
- REQUIRED Dogs must remain on a leash to/from your vehicle to the inside of the dog park area.
- PROHIBITED AREAS Dogs are not allowed in any Dog Free Park, playgrounds, designated beaches, athletic fields, conservation parks, golf courses (in season), or in any park building. During the winter dogs are not permitted on groomed cross-country ski trails. LEARN MORE
- Bring Your Own Water Sharing water is not recommended and can lead to parasites and disease transmission. DO NOT LEAVE WATER OR WATER BOWLS.
WARNER PARK LAGOON Unlike the water at public beaches, the water in the lagoon at Warner Park is not tested by Public Health Madison & Dane County. Always check the conditions before letting your dog in the water. LEARN MORE
On July 13, 2016 the Board of Park Commissioners approved the Policy and Guidelines for Off-Leash Dog Park Service Area Standards within the Madison Park System with Attachment A. The Policy is intended to guide the Parks Division in planning new off-leash dog park (exercise) areas and to set standards for responding to requests for the creation of off-leash dog park (exercise) areas in the Madison Parks system. View all Dog Off-Leash Parks
Sycamore Park - Dog Off-Leash ParkLocation: 4517 Sycamore Ave.
Bag Dispenser: Yes
Notes: 19.9 acres
Madison Parks are a unique blend of active recreation and passive recreation spaces. Open Fields are just that - open, not pre-designed as a softball diamond, or football field. These open fields are available in these parks to spark your imagination, play a game of tag, or follow the leader - or anything you can think of! Enjoy your parks!View all Open Fields
Sycamore Park - Open Field Games
Picnic shelters are smaller, open-air structures that provide a little shade and typically some seating. They do not provide protection from severe weather, such as lightning. A picnic shelter may be reserved or used on a first-come, first-served basis if not previously reserved.
- See SHELTER PRICES for 2023 rates.
- BEFORE reserving, be sure to see Parks Projects. We are continually improving our park system and some of these improvements may impact a nearby shelter.
- RESERVE Three Ways
- Calling (608)266-4711
- In-person at the Parks administration office
- Full payment is due at the time of processing your reservation, along with any required permits.
- Credit card is the only accepted method of payment.
- Need to CANCEL? All reservations are subject to our standard cancellation policy.
- Madison Parks does not guarantee absolute privacy to any group. Your reservation will reserve only the facility you are using, not the entire park or other facilities within the park. If you are interested in reserving the entire park, please visit Special Events.
- Alcohol is permitted in most Madison Parks, as long as there is no glass. A handful of parks are alcohol-free and require a permit to bring alcohol. You must have a reservation to obtain an alcohol permit.
- All picnic shelters are open year-round, however, if the picnic shelter has restrooms, these are open seasonally and closed for the winter typically October - April.
- In the event of severe weather, picnic shelters are not lightening protection areas. Please seek an alternative location.
- Firearms or weapons are not permitted at any of the shelters. Violators may be considered trespassers and may be subject to forfeiture or arrest.
- Park improvements and/or construction may be underway during the time of your reservation. The City of Madison Parks Division makes every attempt to schedule around events and shelter reservations whenever possible, however, this is not a guarantee. Please keep in mind improvements to parks and infrastructure continues throughout the year. Please see Park Projects for park improvement that may impact a nearby shelter.
Sycamore Park Picnic ShelterRestrooms: No
With more than 175 playgrounds throughout Madison, you are never too far from a playground. According to the Trust for Public Land, Madison ranks #1 in the nation for the number of playgrounds available. The traditional swings and slides are always an option, as are new play elements and fully accessible playgrounds.
PLAYGROUNDS FOR EVERYONE
Through the Madison Parks Foundation initiative, Madison Parks offers all-inclusive playgrounds in Brittingham Park and Elver Park, opening in 2019. The Foundation has a goal of 5 fully accessible playgrounds.
PLAYGROUND REPLACEMENTS: HOW AND WHENView all Playgrounds
Madison Parks is responsible for maintaining more than 175 playgrounds and began a system-wide replacement initiative in 2013. With current staff and funding resources, replacements are scheduled to continue through 2033. Playgrounds are routinely inspected to assess the equipment's conditions and repair any safety concerns. Based on the age of the equipment and current conditions, each is given an audit score. The number of playgrounds replaced each year is based on budget allocations, staffing resources, and using the current playground audit score for prioritization.
REPLACEMENT PROCESS: NEIGHBORHOOD INPUT
At the start of the replacement process, notices are sent to the District Alder, neighborhood association representatives, and surrounding residential addresses. Information is also posted to the project website. Generally, two public meetings are held to review surfacing and equipment options and make final selections.
If you have questions about a specific playground or see something broken, please let us know.
Sycamore Park - Playground
Many of the soccer fields are programmed with youth and adult league play. If you would like to reserve a field or facility, please call the Athletic Scheduler at (608)266-4711. Find out more about Athletic Field Reservations.View all Soccer Fields
Fields, open or closed?
If a field reservation is canceled, a notification is emailed to the user who made the field reservation. Notifications are sent by 2:00 pm Monday through Friday and by 9:00 am on weekends and holidays.
Sycamore Park - Soccer 1Bleachers: No
Sycamore Park - Soccer #2Bleachers: No
Most of the volleyball courts are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. If you are planning a new league or tournament see Athletic Field Reservations.View all Volleyball Courts
Sycamore Park - Volleyball CourtSurface: Turf
Number of Courts: