The information contained in my blog is derived from notes provided by MPD Officers-In-Charge (OIC) at the end of their shifts. Most narratives represent early and preliminary information that was gathered by an OIC from those in the field who were actively working cases. The OIC is sharing what they were being told, in the moment. In many instances, facts and circumstances, even the type of crime listed, can change as officers, detectives and investigators continue their work.
From 5:30 a.m. on 04/22/2018 through 5:30 a.m. on 04/23/2018, MPD received 353 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials. For purposes of clarification, the following abbreviations are short-hand for race designations: W=White, AA=African American, NA=Native American, H=Hispanic, ME=Middle Eastern, A=Asian, MR=Mixed Race, U=Unknown. MPD shifts are staggered as follows: 1st detail=7 a.m. to 3 p.m., 2nd detail=12 p.m. to 8 p.m., 3rd detail=3 p.m. to 11 p.m., 4th detail=8 p.m. to 4 a.m., 5th detail=11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
**Priority only calls from 6:55pm-8:10pm due to the missing adult call.
1) EAST: Death Investigation – 7:14 a.m. Officers responded, along with EMS, to an east side residence where a subject (84-year-old WM) fell. The subject, while being assessed by EMS, went unconscious/pulseless. Lifesaving measures were not successful. Medical Examiner's Office responded. Investigation continuing.
2) EAST: Adult Arrested Person – 11:22 a.m. Officers responded to a parking lot for a disturbance occurring between two subjects (28-year-old WF victim and 29-year-old WM suspect). The suspect was subsequently charged with domestic disorderly conduct, as well as domestic battery for a black eye he inflicted upon the victim two days ago. The suspect was also found to be in possession of heroin. He was cited for the possession and provided a referral to the Madison Addiction Recovery Initiative (MARI).
3) EAST: Adult Arrested Person – 11:35 a.m. Officers responded to an east side residence to talk to a victim (17-year old AAF) who reported being slapped by her boyfriend/suspect (23-year-old WM) the previous night. The victim also reported that the suspect threw cooking oil at her. There were no visible injuries observed on the victim. The suspect was contacted and arrested for disorderly conduct and felony bail jumping.
4) NORTH: Weapons Offense – 12:56 p.m. Officers responded to Hayes Rd regarding a vehicle that was observed with occupants armed with a "machine gun." The suspect vehicle/occupants were stopped on Dwight Dr. An AR-15 style paintball gun was located in the vehicle, as well as a 9mm semi-auto handgun. The driver/suspect (28-year-old AAM) was arrested for felon in possession of a firearm and disorderly conduct.
5) NORTH: Adult Arrested Person – 2:54 p.m. Officers responded to Loftsgordon Ave for a subject/suspect (19-year-old AAM) causing a disturbance (damaging property, breaking a window, out-of-control). The suspect was arrested for domestic disorderly conduct, domestic criminal damage to property and felony bail jumping.
6) MIDTOWN: Death Investigation – 4:52 p.m. Officers responded to a report of a deceased subject (70-year-old WF). Nothing suspicious on scene. Medical Examiner's Office responded. Investigation continuing.
7) EAST: Adult Arrested Person – 5:01 p.m. Officers responded to a motel on East Towne Blvd for a report of two very intoxicated subjects (42-year-old WF and 51-year-old WM). Both subjects were confirmed to be intoxicated and incapacitated. The female suspect became resistive when officers attempted to detain her. The female suspect was transported to a local hospital for a medical clearance and then to jail on charges of resisting and a probation violation. The male suspect was conveyed to detox.
8) WEST: Missing Adult – 5:55 p.m. Officers responded to Schroeder Rd for a report of a missing adult (60-year-old WM with medical/mental health concerns). K9 track conducted. Areas checked. The subject was located in an open field with a fresh head wound from a fall he took. The subject was conveyed to a local hospital for an evaluation/treatment.
9) WEST: Domestic Disturbance – 11:28 p.m. Officers responded to Burberry Dr for a domestic disturbance between two subjects (24-year-old WF victim and 22-year-old AAM suspect). The victim and suspect engaged in multiple arguments/domestic incidents prior to tonight's incident. The suspect entered the residence of the victim, confronted her and took her phone. The suspect subsequently physically assaulted the victim and fled prior to officers arriving. Charges are pending for the suspect. Suspect at-large. Investigation continuing.
10) EAST: Domestic Disturbance – 11:31 p.m. Officers responded to MacArthur Rd for a domestic disturbance between two subjects (29-year-old AAM suspect and 34-year-old AAF suspect). The suspect physically assaulted the victim and caused damage to property in the residence. The suspect was arrested for domestic battery, domestic disorderly conduct and domestic criminal damage to property.
11) CENTRAL: Check Person – 12:14 a.m. Officers responded to W. Gorham St to check the welfare of a suicidal subject (20-year-old WM). Entry was made to the residence to check on the subject's welfare and he was found unresponsive. The subject regained consciousness and was conveyed to a local hospital for an evaluation. The subject was found to be intoxicated/incapacitated. Journey Mental Health consulted. The subject was left in the care of medical staff.
12) CENTRAL: Non-Residential Burglary – 1:37 a.m. Officers responded to a construction site on E. Washington Ave for a report of theft/burglary of copper. Investigation continuing.
13) EAST: Residential Burglary – 2:11 a.m. Officers responded to Harding St where a subject (AAM) was observed entering and leaving an unoccupied residence. Officers cleared the residence and found evidence of forced entry. Investigation continuing.