Voter ID is required
Please download and refer to the following brochures for more information:
Voting in the City of Madison
(who can vote, voting absentee, voting by mail, Voter ID)
(who is exempt, absentee voting, obtaining an ID with or without a birth certificate, DMV info)
Voter ID information for Senior Citizens
Working at the polls: Election Officials
Confidential Voters and Voting
Obtaining a free ID for voting Infographic
Guide to obtaining photo ID:
Web page [link]
More information from the DMV about
documentation required to get an ID: [link]
If you do not have documentation required
to get an ID card, the DMV has a process
you can follow: [link]
We have new tabulating machines!
(Ballots will still be on paper)
See voter instructions for the new machines here.
See a voter instruction video here
See Chad Vader use the new machine here
- Check the status of your voter registration.
- Use "Click & Mail" to update your registration (you must print out and bring to the polling place with you).
- Find the location of the polling place for your residential address.
- A sample ballot is available on this site close to the time of an election.
CITY CLERK NOTICES:
- VOTER LISTS: Can be obtained through the Government Accountability Board at this link:
- VOTER ELIGIBILITY: You must meet the following requirements to be eligible to vote:
- United States Citizen
- Age 18 or older on or by Election Day
- Resident of the City of Madison for at least 28 days before the election
- If convicted of a felony, have completed the terms of you sentence including probation, parole, or extended supervision