Last Updated: 04/06/2017
Work this week -
- Maintained project traffic control, including the full closure & detour of High Point Road
- Continued installing north abutment formwork
- Continued driving south abutment steel pile
- Continued placement of fill on south approach
- Started placing north abutment steel reinforcement
Work scheduled for the next week -
- Continue construction of the north abutment
- Continue pile driving operations for south abutment
- Continue placement of fill on south approach
Traffic impacts -
High Point Road remains closed, with traffic utilizing posted detour
The proposed project is a Wisconsin DOT bridge replacement project that will replace the existing bridge carrying High Point Road over US 12/14 (West Beltline Highway) and reconstruct 0.26 miles of High Point Road between Goldenrod Lane and D’onofrio Drive. High Point Road will be widened to accommodate two lanes of traffic plus a bike lane in each direction. Sidewalk will be constructed along both sides of High Point Road, including the west side of the road between the bridge and D’onofrio Drive where none currently exists.
South High Point Road will be closed to traffic from Watts Road To D’onofrio Drive for the duration of the project.
Contact information -
The project field office is located in an office building at 579 D’Onofrio Drive, Suite 3 on the Ground Floor, (far east end of building).
Business and property owners can contact the on-site Project Leader Jon Maxwell at 608.963.4539, email: email@example.com, or the WisDOT Project Manager David Layton at 608.246.3821, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information regarding traffic impacts and highway improvement projects in
Wisconsin, please visit the following:
The Department of Transportation’s 511 website: http://projects.511wi.gov/region/
The project is scheduled to begin February 6, 2017 and last until September 1, 2017