|Address:||1802 Quann-Olin Pkwy.|
|Hours:||4:00am - 10:00pm|
|Shoreline On:||Wingra Creek|
Quann Park is primarily an off-leash dog park with a reservable 12-court tennis complex. The Wingra Creek bike path runs between Quann and Goodman parks. The park has a shared-use agreement with Alliant Energy Center, which may use the park as overflow parking and event space.
Alliant Energy Center events using Quann Park
All event dates and availability are subject to change.
|NAME of EVENT||2023 EVENT DATES
|Midwest Horse Fair||Friday, April 14 - Sunday, April 16|
|BratFest||Thursday, May 25 – Tuesday, May 30|
|More Than Pink Walk||Saturday, June 10|
|Hereford||Tuesday, July 4 – Monday, July 17|
|NOBULL CrossFit Games||Wednesday, July 26 – Monday, August 7|
|All-City Swim (Goodman Pool)||Thursday, July 27 – Sunday, July 30
Expect heavy traffic & very limited to no parking
|World Dairy Expo||Wednesday, Sept. 27 – Monday, October 9|
|Madison Turkey Trot||Thursday, November 23|
Park HighlightsALWAYS OPEN: 11 Acres of Dog Park
Thanks to the fence (purple line) with four gates (yellow squares), 11 acres of the Quann Park dog park are ALWAYS open, including times during Alliant Energy Center events. This section is accessible from the Wingra Creek Parkway side of the park. The gates (yellow squares) are closed during the events and dates listed above and may be closed before and after these dates to allow for event ingress/egress and park cleanup.
At this Park
Dog Off-Leash Park
NEW WEBSITE FEATURE
Scroll to see the green OPEN or red CLOSED status of your favorite off-leash dog park.
QUANN DOG PARK NEWS
- Join Madison Parks Foundation for Barks in Parks: Sculpture Unveiling on Sunday, April 30
- Goodman Pool is hosting the All-City Swim from Thursday, July 27 – Sunday, July 30; expect heavy traffic, lots of people & very limited to no parking.
In partnership with Dane County Parks, a Dog Permit is NOT required on the following days:
- Saturday - Sunday, June 3-4, 2023
Madison Parks offers 9 fenced, off-leash dog park areas with three locations, Odana School, Warner and Sycamore, providing a separate small-dog fenced area. A Dog Permit is required.
Daily $8 Annual $43 Annual Senior (65+) & Disabled $20 Annual Military/Veteran (New!) $20 Replacement $20
2024 permit is available for purchase starting Nov. 1, 2023.
- REQUIRED A Dog Permit is required
- A permit is required in order to bring your dog to any park, off-leash and on-leash, where a dog is allowed. See Dog Free Park for exceptions.
- The dog permit is part of the Cooperative Dog Park Program and also valid for use in Dane County Parks, City of Sun Prairie parks, and City of Middleton parks.
- Purchase a daily or annual permit ONLINE or by calling (608)266-4711.
- The 2023 Dog Permit will be available for purchase starting Nov. 1 and is valid through December 31. 2023.
- REQUIRED A dog license is required for ALL visiting dogs. City of Madison residents may purchase through Madison Treasury Office.
- Dogs visiting from other areas are always welcome with proper licenses and/or vaccinations from your town/municipality. Be prepared to show proof if asked by a Park Ranger.
- A dog license is ONLY available after a rabies vaccination is administered by a veterinarian within 30 days after the dog reaches 4 months of age. Dogs under 5 months of age or without proper vaccinations, are therefore not licensed and are PROHIBITED.
- REQUIRED Dogs must remain on a leash to/from your vehicle to the inside of the dog park area.
- PROHIBITED AREAS Dogs are not allowed in any Dog Free Park, playgrounds, designated beaches, athletic fields, conservation parks, golf courses (in season), or in any park building. During the winter dogs are not permitted on groomed cross-country ski trails. LEARN MORE
- Bring Your Own Water Sharing water is not recommended and can lead to parasites and disease transmission. DO NOT LEAVE WATER OR WATER BOWLS.
WARNER PARK LAGOON Unlike the water at public beaches, the water in the lagoon at Warner Park is not tested by Public Health Madison & Dane County. Always check the conditions before letting your dog in the water. LEARN MORE
On July 13, 2016 the Board of Park Commissioners approved the Policy and Guidelines for Off-Leash Dog Park Service Area Standards within the Madison Park System with Attachment A. The Policy is intended to guide the Parks Division in planning new off-leash dog park (exercise) areas and to set standards for responding to requests for the creation of off-leash dog park (exercise) areas in the Madison Parks system. View all Dog Off-Leash Parks
Quann Park - Dog Off-Leash ParkLocation: 1802 Quann-Olin Pkwy.
Bag Dispenser: Yes
Notes: A 33-acre park including along the creek. Usage is shared with Alliant Energy Center.
Parking lots in parks are available for park programs or events during regular park hours: 4:00 am to 10:00 pm. Please observe the following.
- Driving or parking motorized vehicles is not allowed on the grass or near a shelter and is subject to a citation.
- Three-hour limit in all parks, as posted.
- No parking after hours: 10pm to 4am. Overnight parking is not allowed.
- Conservation park hours are 4am until one hour after sunset
- Follow all onsite parking regulation signs.
- Violators are subject to a fine.
The parking lot located on the eastern side of Law Park, commonly known as the Blair Lot, is a metered parking lot, enforced by City of Madison Parking Division between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
View all Parking Lots
Picnic shelters are smaller, open-air structures that provide a little shade and typically some seating. They do not provide protection from severe weather, such as lightning. A picnic shelter may be reserved or used on a first-come, first-served basis if not previously reserved.
- See SHELTER PRICES for 2023 rates.
- BEFORE reserving, be sure to see Parks Projects. We are continually improving our park system and some of these improvements may impact a nearby shelter.
- RESERVE Three Ways
- Calling (608)266-4711
- In-person at the Parks administration office
- Full payment is due at the time of processing your reservation, along with any required permits.
- Credit card is the only accepted method of payment.
- Need to CANCEL? All reservations are subject to our standard cancellation policy.
- Madison Parks does not guarantee absolute privacy to any group. Your reservation will reserve only the facility you are using, not the entire park or other facilities within the park. If you are interested in reserving the entire park, please visit Special Events.
- Alcohol is permitted in most Madison Parks, as long as there is no glass. A handful of parks are alcohol-free and require a permit to bring alcohol. You must have a reservation to obtain an alcohol permit.
- All picnic shelters are open year-round, however, if the picnic shelter has restrooms, these are open seasonally and closed for the winter typically October - April.
- In the event of severe weather, picnic shelters are not lightening protection areas. Please seek an alternative location.
- Firearms or weapons are not permitted at any of the shelters. Violators may be considered trespassers and may be subject to forfeiture or arrest.
- Park improvements and/or construction may be underway during the time of your reservation. The City of Madison Parks Division makes every attempt to schedule around events and shelter reservations whenever possible, however, this is not a guarantee. Please keep in mind improvements to parks and infrastructure continues throughout the year. Please see Park Projects for park improvement that may impact a nearby shelter.
Quann Park Picnic ShelterLocation: near tennis courts
Notes: Electricity: Y (by key when arranged with reservation)
Open public restrooms are listed below. All portable restrooms are accessible.
Year-Round Restrooms - open daily, from approximately 10am to 8pm.
- Cherokee Marsh Conservation Park - North
- Elver Park enclosed shelter
- Owen Conservation Park
- Tenney Park at the John Wall Family Pavilion
- Warner Park Boat Launch
Most restrooms are seasonally open daily from approximately 10am to 8pm. Locations and dates vary. Typically season restrooms open no later than the first Saturday on or after April 20 and remain open into October. Beach restrooms are also open daily, approx. 10am to 8pm from May 27 through September 4, 2023.
Once winter recreation begins, in addition to the year-round locations, Vilas and portable restrooms are provided in select winter recreation locations, once the amenity is open for the winter season. Please check Winter Fun for the status of winter recreation at a specific park. View all Restrooms
Quann Park Portable RestroomLocation: near tennis courts
Many of the soccer fields are programmed with youth and adult league play. If you would like to reserve a field or facility, please call the Athletic Scheduler at (608)266-4711. Find out more about Athletic Field Reservations.View all Soccer Fields
Fields, open or closed?
If a field reservation is canceled, a notification is emailed to the user who made the field reservation. Notifications are sent by 2:00 pm Monday through Friday and by 9:00 am on weekends and holidays.
Quann Park - SoccerBleachers: No
Madison Parks has nearly 100 tennis courts. Most of the tennis courts are available on a first-come, first-served basis. When courts are reserved, at least one must be left available for pick-up play. Please note that all tennis leagues and all tennis instructors must pay for a reservation, no matter the location. Go to: Athletic Field ReservationsView all Tennis Courts
Practice Wall Locations
Bordner, Brittingham, Elver, Olbrich, Tenney, Waunona and Westmorland
Quann Park - TennisSurface: Asphalt
Number of Courts: 12
Notes: Courts are used heavily by leagues.