An Individual Development Plan (IDP) helps you
- Assess your skills, interests, and values,
- Make a plan for achieving your personal and professional goals,
- Communicate with your supervisors/mentors about your evolving plan and needs.
How do I use it?
- The IDP is a workbook-style packet will help you move broad ideas to concrete, actionable steps.
- Download a copy and follow the 5 Steps.
- Share with your supervisor and/or mentor the parts of the IDP you’d like to discuss.
- In an upcoming one-on-one with that supervisor and/or mentor, follow the discussion guidelines
Individual Development Plan Getting Started Guide