Management Skills Webinars
Learn tools and techniques to be more successful across multiple areas of management:
- Managing people and relationships
- Managing processes and tasks
- Managing culture and work environments
The webinars also focus on connecting your work with the City’s mission, vision, values, and service promise.
This collection of courses is recommended for anyone who wants to build supervisory and management skills. Whether you are new, looking for a refresher, or want to build skills to move your career forward, these courses can support your goals.
Each webinar is a standalone course and they do not need to be taken together or consecutively.
Courses in the series include:
- Hiring Foundations for City of Madison Supervisors (Sep 22)
- Creating an Equitable Interview Process (Sep 22)
- Doing Things Right and Doing the Right Things: Leadership and Management in Context (Oct 13)
- Building a Positive Safety Culture (Oct 13)
- Leading with Equity (Oct 13)
- Work Planning (Oct 27)
- Sustainability in Management (Oct 27)
- The 5 R’s of Meaningful Public Participation… and Other Relational Stuff (Nov 3)
Instructors include both internal subject matter experts and external facilitators.