|Address:||4114 Tokay Blvd.|
|Hours:||4:00am - 10:00pm|
Located on Madison's near west side, Westmorland Park features a rock garden, basketball court, large playground, volleyball court, tennis courts and softball field. The shelter is reservable April - October and features a working fireplace.
Thanks to the Friends group and the Adopt Ice Program, ice skating is offred in the winter season. See Ice Skating for more information and the open/closed status.
At this Park
Madison Parks ranks #1 in the nation for the number of basketball hoops per resident, come check out the hoops in your neighborhood! Most of the basketball courts are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. If you are planning a new league or tournament see Athletic Field Reservations.View all Basketball Courts
Westmorland Park - Basketball CourtSurface: Asphalt
Number of Courts: 1 full
Madison Parks has several parks with working fireplaces. You are welcome to use the fireplaces with your park shelter reservation. Hoyt Park also has several refurbished outdoor fireplaces where you can enjoy toasted marshmallows and a quiet evening around a fire. Just remember to bring your own wood and extinguish the fire completely before leaving the park. Please note, fires are not permitted in Vilas Park during the winter months.
With the guidance of the Madison Fire Department and MGO 34.07, fires in general parks (not in a conservation park) are allowed with the following rules:
- Fire has a spark arrestor or heavy screen to contain the embers and sparks
- Fire has at least 10 ft. clearance from combustibles
- Smoke does not create a nuisance
- Fire is continuously monitored and maintained by an adult
- A method to extinguish the fire is readily available
Ice Skate News
As of Monday, February 20 - all designated ice rinks and lagoons, and skate rental locations are CLOSED for the SEASON.
Ice Skating in Madison Parks
19 ice rinks or lagoons are maintained by Parks staff and/or volunteers during the cold winter season. All are free to use and no reservation is needed. See Special Winter Fun Edition: Ice Skating for more information.
A big thank you to our many volunteers and the ADOPT ICE PARTNERSHIP PROGRAM!View all Ice Skating
Westmorland Park - Hockey RinkLocation: 4114 Tokay Blvd
More Information: Skating at Westmorland Park - Hockey Rink
Westmorland Park - Ice RinkLocation: 4114 Tokay Blvd.
More Information: Skating at Westmorland Park - Ice Rink
Madison Parks are a unique blend of active recreation and passive recreation spaces. Open Fields are just that - open, not pre-designed as a softball diamond, or football field. These open fields are available in these parks to spark your imagination, play a game of tag, or follow the leader - or anything you can think of! Enjoy your parks!View all Open Fields
Westmorland Park - Open Field Games
In addition to the dual stripped (tennis & pickleball) locations, Garner Park offers Madison's only dedicated pickleball courts. Learn more about the game and rules adopted by the USA Pickleball Association.View all Pickleball Courts
Pickleball courts may be reserved ONLINE.
Westmorland Park - Pickleball CourtSurface: Asphalt
Number of Courts: 2
With more than 175 playgrounds throughout Madison, you are never too far from a playground. According to the Trust for Public Land, Madison ranks #1 in the nation for the number of playgrounds available. The traditional swings and slides are always an option, as are new play elements and fully accessible playgrounds.
PLAYGROUNDS FOR EVERYONE
Through the Madison Parks Foundation initiative, Madison Parks offers all-inclusive playgrounds in Brittingham Park and Elver Park, opening in 2019. The Foundation has a goal of 5 fully accessible playgrounds.
PLAYGROUND REPLACEMENTS: HOW AND WHENView all Playgrounds
Madison Parks is responsible for maintaining more than 175 playgrounds and began a system-wide replacement initiative in 2013. With current staff and funding resources, replacements are scheduled to continue through 2033. Playgrounds are routinely inspected to assess the equipment's conditions and repair any safety concerns. Based on the age of the equipment and current conditions, each is given an audit score. The number of playgrounds replaced each year is based on budget allocations, staffing resources, and using the current playground audit score for prioritization.
REPLACEMENT PROCESS: NEIGHBORHOOD INPUT
At the start of the replacement process, notices are sent to the District Alder, neighborhood association representatives, and surrounding residential addresses. Information is also posted to the project website. Generally, two public meetings are held to review surfacing and equipment options and make final selections.
If you have questions about a specific playground or see something broken, please let us know.
Westmorland Park - Playground
Shelter - Reservable
Reserve a Shelter
- See SHELTER PRICES for 2023 rates.
- BEFORE reserving, be sure to see Parks Projects. We are continually improving our park system and some of these improvements may impact a nearby shelter.
- RESERVE one of three ways
- Calling (608)266-4711
- In-person at the Parks administration office
- Full payment is due at the time of processing your reservation, along with any required permits.
- Credit card is the only accepted method of payment.
- All reservations are subject to our standard cancellation policy.
- Most shelters are open mid-April through mid-October (see exceptions below).
- The Shelter Reservations Guide provides details on seating capacities, and amenities such as outlets, fireplaces, and picnic tables.
- 2023 reservations open Tuesday, November 8, 2022.
- See Special Events for select 2023 dates/locations not available.
Shelter Open Schedule Exceptions:
- Open year-round:
- Open mid-April through mid-November:
- John Wall Family Pavilion in Tenney Park
- Elver Park (enclosed shelter)
- Warner Park
- Olin Park (through October)
- Picnic shelters may be reserved online or by calling -OR- if not reserved, are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Day of signage is posted at the shelter.
- Madison Parks does not guarantee absolute privacy to any group. Your reservation will reserve only the facility you are using, not the entire park or other facilities within the park. If you are interested in reserving the entire park, please visit Special Events.
- Alcohol is permitted in most Madison Parks. Glass is never allowed. There are a handful of alcohol-free parks. In these locations, if you would like to bring alcohol, you will need an alcohol permit, which may be obtained when placing your reservation. An alcohol permit, without a reservation, is not given.
- Public improvements and/or construction may be underway during the time of your reservation. The City of Madison Parks Division makes every attempt to schedule around events and shelter reservations whenever possible, however, this is not a guarantee. Please keep in mind improvements to parks and infrastructure continues throughout the year. Please visit Park Projects for a partial list of major capital improvement projects.
- Firearms or weapons are not permitted at any of the shelters. Violators may be considered trespassers and may be subject to forfeiture or arrest.
- The availability of Gates of Heaven may be checked online however, you will need to call to make your reservation.
- Reservations for the following year begin in November of the proceeding year.
Westmorland ParkAddress: 4114 Tokay Blvd
Capacity: Seats 100 people
Restrooms: In shelter
Water: Available in shelter
Parking: Street parking
Shelter Details: Westmorland Park
Experience winter in Madison Parks like never before with snowshoeing! This silent sport is a fantastic way to explore many of our parks during the winter months and is easy to learn.
- DO snowshoe anywhere in a general park with good snow cover, except on a cross-country ski trail.
- DO snowshoe at Door Creek Park on marked trails - see *new* MAP.
- DO snowshoe at Elver Park on the marked trail - see MAP.
- DO snowshoe at Yahara Hills on the marked trails - see MAP.
- DO snowshoe on a trail in any conservation park, except those designated for cross-country skiing (Cherokee Marsh South, Owen, and Turville Point)
- DO snowshoe with sufficient snow (typically 4" or more).
- DON'T snowshoe off-trail in a conservation park.
- Snowshoeing, hiking, and skiing off-trail can destroy snow tunnels used by native small rodents (deer mice, shrews) by the trampling effect. These small mammals are an important part of the wetland and grassland ecology in our conservation parks. Destruction of these tunnel networks makes small mammals more vulnerable to predation.
- When in doubt, it's always best to stay on a trail.
- Our trail systems are designed to facilitate controlled public access while protecting environmentally sensitive areas and providing quiet refuge for wildlife away from people. Disruption of wildlife by human activity during the winter puts additional stress on them during a challenging time for their survival.
Many of the soccer fields are programmed with youth and adult league play. If you would like to reserve a field or facility, please call the Athletic Scheduler at (608)266-4711. Find out more about Athletic Field Reservations.View all Soccer Fields
Fields, open or closed?
If a field reservation is canceled, a notification is emailed to the user who made the field reservation. Notifications are sent by 2:00 pm Monday through Friday and by 9:00 am on weekends and holidays.
Westmorland Park - SoccerBleachers: No
Madison Parks has nearly 100 tennis courts. Most of the tennis courts are available on a first-come, first-served basis. When courts are reserved, at least one must be left available for pick-up play. Please note that all tennis leagues and all tennis instructors must pay for a reservation, no matter the location. Go to: Athletic Field ReservationsView all Tennis Courts
Practice Wall Locations
Bordner, Brittingham, Elver, Olbrich, Tenney, Waunona and Westmorland
Westmorland Park - Tennis CourtSurface: Asphalt
Number of Courts: 2
Most of the volleyball courts are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. If you are planning a new league or tournament see Athletic Field Reservations.View all Volleyball Courts
Westmorland Park - Volleyball CourtSurface: Sand
Number of Courts: 1