From 5:30 a.m. on 11/29/2017 through 5:30 a.m. on 11/30/2017, MPD received 442 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) WEST: Crash with Injuries – 8:05 a.m. Officers responded to the area of Timber Wolf Tr/Swallowtail Dr for a report of a bus v. pedestrian accident. The pedestrian/victim (79 year old WM) was crossing the street when the bus struck the pedestrian at a low rate of speed as it was turning. The bus driver (65 year old WM) reported not seeing the pedestrian until the last moment due to sun blindness. The victim was conveyed to a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries. No citations were substantiated.
2) WEST: Traffic Stop – 10:13 a.m. An officer conducted a traffic stop on Britta Parkway on a vehicle due to a registration violation. The driver/suspect (57 year old AAM) stopped the vehicle and fled on foot. The suspect was apprehended. The suspect believed he was wanted, but he was not. The suspect was cited for resisting/obstructing and released.
3) SOUTH: Check Person – 1:43 p.m. Officers responded to a check welfare call for a suicidal subject (62 year old WM). A phone ping was successful in determining the subject's location. The subject was contacted and conveyed to a local hospital where he was voluntarily admitted.
4) SOUTH: Disturbance – 2:44 p.m. Officers responded to a local hospital for a subject (25 year old WM) yelling, acting aggressively and inadequately dressed. The subject was assessed and taken into protective custody. The subject was conveyed to another local hospital under an emergency detention order.
5) NORTH: Stolen Auto – 4:16 p.m. Another law enforcement agency attempted to conduct a traffic stop on a stolen auto. The vehicle fled. MPD officers were on stand-by to assist in case the vehicle stopped. The vehicle eventually stopped and the two occupants/suspects fled. The driver (13 year old AAM) was apprehended. The second occupant was not located. The driver/suspect was taken to the Juvenile Reception Center on charges of fleeing and operating a motor vehicle without consent. Investigation continuing.
6) SOUTH: Check Person/Weapons Call – 6:52 p.m. Officers responded to the 700 block of John Nolen Dr for a report of a subject with a gun. Dispatch received calls from the subject's mother and a business with this information. The subject (28 year old WM) was contacted in his vehicle. The subject was found to have a holstered handgun, knifes and an uncased loaded AR (semi-automatic rifle) in his vehicle. The subject was wearing a ballistic vest carrier. Information was obtained that the subject had a plan for suicide by cop situation. The subject was taken into custody without incident. He was conveyed to a local hospital where he was admitted for an involuntary mental health commitment/assessment. It was later determined that the subject had alcohol in his system and detox was full. The subject left the hospital against medical advice/without an evaluation. Investigation continuing.
7) NORTH: Armed Robbery – 7:17 p.m. Officers responded to a business in the 2600 block of E. Washington Ave for a report of an armed robbery. The suspect (WM in his 20's) displayed a knife and demanded money. The suspect fled and was unsuccessful with getting any money. K9 track conducted. Suspect not located. Investigation continuing.
8) CENTRAL: Assist Police – 9:29 p.m. Officers were requested by another law enforcement agency regarding a vehicle fleeing with occupants wanted for burglary. Before MPD arrived, the suspect vehicle crashed into a vehicle and electrical boxes. At least 4 individuals fled from the vehicle, 3 of which were located and apprehended. Two of the suspects were AAMs, ages 15 and 16. Identifying information for third suspect not known at the time of this writing. Investigation continuing.
9) NORTH: Domestic Disturbance – 11:13 p.m. Officers responded to a domestic disturbance between two subjects (44 year old WF victim and 46 year old WM suspect). The victim reported being battered, strangled and pepper sprayed by the suspect. The victim fled and contacted the police. The suspect was contacted at his residence on East Bluff and taken into custody. He was charged with domestic battery, disorderly conduct and a probation violation.
10) SOUTH: Conveyance Mental Health – 12:09 a.m. Officers responded to a local hospital for an out of control suicidal child. Crisis plugged in. An emergency detention was being sought. Investigation continuing.