From 5:30 a.m. on 03/25/2018 through 5:30 a.m. on 03/26/2018, MPD received 327 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials. For purposes of clarification, the following abbreviations are short-hand for race designations: W=White, AA=African American, NA=Native American, H=Hispanic, ME=Middle Eastern, A=Asian, MR=Mixed Race, U=Unknown. MPD shifts are staggered as follows: 1st detail=7 a.m. to 3 p.m., 2nd detail=12 p.m. to 8 p.m., 3rd detail=3 p.m. to 11 p.m., 4th detail=8 p.m. to 4 a.m., 5th detail=11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
1) CENTRAL: Adult Arrested Person – 6:05 a.m. Officers responded to the 1200 block of E. Johnson St where the caller reported an unknown subject attempting to break into his home. Officers made contact with the suspect (29-year-old WM) who was intoxicated. The suspect became resistive as he was being detained. The suspect was ultimately arrested and conveyed to jail on charges of disorderly conduct and resisting.
2) WEST: Weapons Offense – 11:27 a.m. Officers responded to the area of Midtown/S. High Point where the caller (36-year-old AM) reported that after he honked at the vehicle in front of him to alert him of the green light, the caller observed a rifle barrel being projected out of the front window. Area was checked for the suspect vehicle, which was not located. A loaded rifle was discovered approximately a half mile from the scene of the incident and recovered as evidence. Investigation continued.
3) CENTRAL: Assist Law Enforcement – 1:03 p.m. Officers responded to E. Gorham St at the request of the Mayville Police Department to check on the welfare of a missing subject (55-year-old WF). The female subject was located and conveyed to a local hospital for an evaluation. The subject was left in the care of medical staff and her legal guardian.
4) EAST: Drug Incident Overdose – 1:16 p.m. Officers responded to Nakoosa Trail for a subject (33-year-old WM) having an overdose (prescription medication). The subject was conscious and breathing on his own when officers/EMS arrived. The subject was conveyed to a local hospital. No charges were substantiated at this time.
5) WEST: Adult Arrested Person – 3:10 p.m. Officers responded to meet with a victim (26-year-old WF) who reported receiving threatening messages from her ex-boyfriend/suspect (30-year-old WM), one message included a photo of the suspect with a gun. The suspect was located driving and a traffic stop was conducted where a gun was located. The suspect was arrested for disorderly conduct, unauthorized use of computerized device and operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated (third offense). Press release completed.
6) EAST: Sexual Assault of a Child – 4:01 p.m. Officers met with a child/victim (13-year-old WF) and her mother after the child disclosed to her mother about some inappropriate contact between herself and a friend's father a year ago. The suspect was identified as a 51-year-old WM. The victim and suspect no longer have contact. Child Protective Services notified. Investigation continuing.
7) WEST: Assist EMS/Fire – 4:18 p.m. Officers responded to Mica Rd where a pile of burning leaves spread to the garage. MPD officers assisted MFD with traffic control and perimeter duties. MFD has the lead on this incident.
8) WEST: Adult Arrested Person – 6:06 p.m. Officers responded to the Boston Store for a retail theft in progress. The suspect (52-year-old WM) was contacted and subsequently arrested for retail theft, possession of drug paraphernalia and a probation hold.
9) NORTH: Crash with Injuries – 7:16 p.m. Officers were dispatched to the 4500 block of E. Washington Ave for a report that a child was struck by a vehicle and had injuries. Officers arrived and no one was on scene. Area hospitals notified and the child was found to have been conveyed to the hospital. The victim is a 1-year-old HF. The subject (27-year-old HM) who struck the child was also at the hospital. Investigation continuing.
10) CENTRAL: Strong Armed Robbery – 9:48 p.m. Officers responded to S. Bassett St where a business was robbed. The victim (55-year-old MEM) attempted to make contact with a subject who was hanging around his store. The suspect (AAM) pushed the victim, entered the store, took cash and fled on foot. K9 track conducted. Press release completed. Investigation continuing.
11) EAST: Domestic Disturbance – 10:00 p.m. Officers responded to Ambassador Drive where two subjects (29-year-old WM and 28-year-old WF) were engaged in a verbal argument which turned into each of them throwing each other's personal items. No property was found to be damaged. No injuries were sustained. A primary aggressor was not able to be identified. No charges were substantiated. No other action by the police was deemed necessary at this time.
12) EAST: Weapons Offense – 10:27 p.m. Officers responded to damage to two homes (one on Allis Ave and the other on Acewood Blvd) which appears to have been caused by a BB gun. Investigation continuing.
13) CENTRAL: Mental Health Conveyance – 10:46 p.m. Officers responded to S. Hancock St to check the welfare of a suicidal subject (28-year-old WM). The subject was under a Chapter 51 commitment order. The subject was conveyed to Winnebago after a medical clearance was sought at a local hospital.