The information contained in my blog is derived from notes provided by MPD Officers-In-Charge (OIC) at the end of their shifts. Most narratives represent early and preliminary information that was gathered by an OIC from those in the field who were actively working cases. The OIC is sharing what they were being told, in the moment. In many instances, facts and circumstances, even the type of crime listed, can change as officers, detectives and investigators continue their work.
From 6:00 a.m. on 11/15/2018 through 6:00 a.m. on 11/16/2018, MPD received 467 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials. For purposes of clarification, the following abbreviations are short-hand for race designations: W=White, AA=African American, NA=Native American, H=Hispanic, ME=Middle Eastern, A=Asian, MR=Mixed Race, U=Unknown. MPD shifts are staggered as follows: 1st detail=7 a.m. to 3 p.m., 2nd detail=12 p.m. to 8 p.m., 3rd detail=3 p.m. to 11 p.m., 4th detail=8 p.m. to 4 a.m., 5th detail=11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
To further break down the 467 calls for service for the past 24-hours this is how the calls came in per district: Central (76), East (126), Midtown (79), North (58), South (40), West (49), and Other (39). Other=these are calls for service that either do not have a sector listed or the sector is not in the City. For example, if one of our officers assists another law enforcement agency, their sector is not listed in our districts so therefore it is listed under "other".
**Priority only calls from 3:55pm-6:02pm due to calls for service.
1) NORTH: Attempted Residential Burglary – 8:06 a.m. Officers responded to N. Sherman Ave for an attempted residential burglary that had taken place overnight. The homeowner/victim (WM) provided surveillance video that showed a suspect going through his backyard with what appeared to be bolt cutters. No entry was made to the home and nothing reported missing. There have been recent burglaries in this area. Investigation continuing.
2) CENTRAL: Domestic Disturbance – 8:53 a.m. Officers responded to N. Hancock St for a domestic disturbance between two subjects (30-year-old AAF victim and 32-year-old WM suspect). The suspect approached the victim as she was sitting in her vehicle and started to yell obscenities at her. The suspect threw items at the vehicle/victim. The victim was not struck/harmed. The suspect was not on scene when officers first arrived, but returned as the investigation was taking place. The suspect was detained and probable cause was developed to arrest him for domestic disorderly conduct and bail jumping.
3) NORTH: Death Investigation – 12:37 p.m. Officers responded to a north side residence to check the welfare of a subject (AAM in his 60's) due to an odor coming from the residence. Upon entry to the residence, the subject was located deceased. Nothing suspicious observed on scene. Medical Examiner's office responded. Investigation continuing.
4) CENTRAL: Theft from Auto – 12:52 p.m. Officers responded to E. Dayton St for a report of a firearm stolen from a vehicle. Investigation continuing.
5) NORTH: Assist Law Enforcement – 5:18 p.m. Third-hand information was provided to MPD that a suspect (38-year-old AAM) had made threats towards a local judge. MPD made contact with the judge. Ultimately, this investigation was turned over to the Dane County Sheriff's Office who will have the lead on the investigation.
6) SOUTH: Adult Arrested Person – 9:35 p.m. Officers responded to the 1800 block of S. Park St for a suspect (36-year-old AAM) harassing the caller (35-year-old AAF) and throwing objects at the building. Contact was made with the suspect who resisted. The suspect was taken into custody on outstanding warrants and resisting/obstructing.
7) EAST: Assist Law Enforcement – 12:26 a.m. Officers responded to Stein Ave/McCann Rd after a vehicle/suspect crashed into a tree. The vehicle/driver had been fleeing from the Dane County Sheriff's Office. MPD responded after the crash to assist with perimeter security. The Dane County Sheriff's Office has the lead on this investigation.
8) EAST: Domestic Disturbance – 1:12 a.m. Officers responded to the 6000 block of Milwaukee Street for a domestic disturbance between two subjects (29-year-old WF victim and 29-year-old WM suspect). The suspect came home intoxicated and became aggressive with his wife and two other females. The suspect was arrested for domestic disorderly conduct.
9) CENTRAL: Traffic Stop/Adult Arrested Person – 3:20 a.m. Officers conducted a traffic stop on E. Main St/Livingston St. The driver/suspect (40-year-old AAF) was revoked and out on bail for 4th offense operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated. The suspect was also found to be in possession of marijuana. The suspect was arrested for possession of marijuana, misdemeanor bail jumping and felony bail jumping.