The information contained in my blog is derived from notes provided by MPD Officers-In-Charge (OIC) at the end of their shifts. Most narratives represent early and preliminary information that was gathered by an OIC from those in the field who were actively working cases. The OIC is sharing what they were being told, in the moment. In many instances, facts and circumstances, even the type of crime listed, can change as officers, detectives and investigators continue their work.
From 6:00 a.m. on 4/14/2019 through 6:00 a. m. on 4/15/2019, MPD received 339 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials. For purposes of clarification, the following abbreviations are short-hand for race designations: W=White, AA=African American, NA=Native American, H=Hispanic, ME=Middle Eastern, A=Asian, MR=Mixed Race, U=Unknown. MPD shifts are staggered as follows: 1st detail=7 a.m. to 3 p.m., 2nd detail=12 p.m. to 8 p.m., 3rd detail=3 p.m. to 11 p.m., 4th detail=8 p.m. to 4 a.m., 5th detail=11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
To further break down the 339 calls for service for the past 24-hours, this is how the calls came in per district: Central (65), East (71), Midtown (60), North (49), South (26), West (45), and Other (23). Other=these are calls for service that either do not have a sector listed or the sector is not in the City. For example, if one of our officers assists another law enforcement agency, their sector is not listed in our districts so therefore it is listed under "other".
1) CENTRAL: Sexual Assault – 2:04 a.m. Officers responded to a residence on Butler St. for a reported sexual assault. The victim (26-year-old WF) and suspect (31-year-old WF) are known to one another. In addition to the sexual assault, there was also a physical altercation. The suspect was transported to a local hospital by MFD and later booked into the Dane County Jail for 2nd Degree Sexual Assault, Battery, and Disorderly Conduct. Investigation continuing. *This was a late call that did not make the previous 24-hour cycle call notes due to officers being involved at the scene and reports from the field were not yet typed.
2) WEST: Domestic Disturbance – 4:39 a.m. Officers responded to the 6200 block of Raymond Rd for a domestic disturbance. The suspect (39-year-old HM) punched the victim (34-year-old HF) in the head after the suspect became upset after seeing texts he did not like on the victim's phone. The suspect fled the scene prior to police arrival. Probable cause exists for Domestic Battery, Disorderly Conduct, and Physical Abuse of a Child. Investigation continuing. *This was a late call that did not make the previous 24-hour cycle call notes due to officers being involved at the scene and reports from the field were not yet typed.
3) CENTRAL: Drug Overdose – 7:18 a.m. A subject (26-year-old WF) called Dispatch to report she was trying to do CCR on a suspect (35-year-old AAM). MFD arrived first and administered Naloxone to revive him. The suspect was MARI (Madison Addiction Recovery Initiative) eligible and was given a citation for Possession of Heroin and Drug Paraphernalia. Investigation continuing.
4) MIDTOWN: Death Investigation – 11:18 a.m. Officers responded after a woman requested a check welfare of her partner whom she had not heard from in a few days. The subject (65-year-old AAF) was found deceased inside her home, the result of an apparent suicide. Investigation continuing.
5) MIDTOWN: Residential Burglary – 1:01 p.m. Officers responded to N. Orchard St after a victim (20-year-old WF) called to report a burglary that occurred the day before, 4/13/19. The victim's laptop was stolen. Investigation continuing.
6) NORTH – Mental Health Conveyance – 1:56 p.m. Officers responded to a residence on Hayes Rd after a subject (37-year-old WF) called to report she was suicidal. When officers arrived, the subject barricaded the door and said she was going to slit her throat. The subject was taken into custody and was conveyed to Winnebago for a Chapter 51 return. Investigation continuing.
7) MIDTOWN: Adult Arrested Person – 5:03 p.m. Officers responded after a suspect (26-year-old WM) who was being discharged from a local hospital threw a shoe at a nurse and engaged in lewd behavior in front of security. The suspect was arrested and taken to the Dane County Jail on charges of Disorderly Conduct, Lewd and Lascivious Behavior, and Obstructing. Investigation continuing.
8) CENTRAL: Domestic Disturbance – 5:55 p.m. Officers responded to N. Hamilton St for reports of a domestic disturbance. The suspect (51-year-old AAM) became upset after the victim (65-year-old WF) came home intoxicated. The suspect threw a bottle of bleach which struck the victim and proceeded to dump bleach on her clothing. When contacted by MPD, the suspect fled back into his residence and resisted arrest. The suspect was taken to the Dane County Jail on charges of Domestic DC, Domestic Battery, Damage to Property and Resisting Arrest. ?Investigation continuing.
9) EAST: Domestic Disturbance – 7:39 p.m. Officers responded to Vernon Ave for reports of a domestic disturbance. A verbal argument between the suspect (29-year-old AAM) and victim (28-year-old AAF) turned physical. When the victim tried to call 911, the suspect took the phone away from her and then threw it in another room. The suspect fled the scene prior to police arrival. Probable cause exists for Domestic Disorderly Conduct, Intimidation of a Victim, and Bail Jumping. Investigation continuing.
10) SOUTH: Domestic Disturbance – 11:33 p.m. Officers responded to the 1100 block of Moorland Rd after a verbal argument between the suspect (31-year-old AAM) and the victim (47-year-old AAF) turned physical when the suspect punched the victim in the face repeatedly. The suspect was arrested for Domestic Disorderly Conduct and Domestic Battery. Investigation continuing.
11) EAST: Assist Outside Law Enforcement – 12:23 a.m. East Units and MPD K-9 assisted DCSO at Hwy 30/Fair Oaks Ave in an attempt to locate subjects who fled from a vehicle during a traffic incident. MPD units assisted in setting up a perimeter. K9 track attempted. Investigation continuing.
12) CENTRAL: Adult Arrested Person – 1:49 p.m. Officers observed a wanted suspect (31-year-old AAM) in a vehicle at John Nolen Dr/S. Blair Street. Officers stopped the vehicle but the suspect refused to comply with officers' instructions and actively resisted. The suspect was detained and conveyed to the hospital for medical clearance and eventually conveyed to Dane County Jail on charges of felony Bail Jumping/ Resisting and multiple traffic citations. Investigation continuing.
13) CENTRAL: Assist MFD – 2:33 a.m. Officers responded to N Frances St for reports of an apartment fire. Multiple apartments needed to be evacuated. Investigation continuing; MFD has the lead.