From 5:30 a.m. on 09/26/2017 through 5:30 a.m. on 09/27/2017, MPD received 454 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
Certain calls have recurrent themes in terms of time and labor intensity. For example, when individuals are taken for an evaluation due to a mental health issue or episodic break, MPD does an extensive collaboration with Journey Mental Health in determining the least restrictive option. These are always two officer calls and can routinely last between 5-8 hours (or more). Emergency Detention conveyances are taken to the Winnebago Mental Health Hospital in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. This is a five hour round-trip, including intake, that takes two officers out of our community and creates challenges for us as we attempt to service calls.
1) EAST: Parking Complaint on Street – 7:56 a.m. Officers responded to High Crossing Blvd/Promontory Place regarding previous complaints of a vehicle with an attached trailer with a subject (25 year old WM) living out of it. The subject had been previously warned about having an unregistered vehicle and complaints from residents about waste being deposited. On today's date, the subject was contacted again as he was still present. The subject was issued tickets for having an unregistered vehicle and heavy vehicles parked on the street.
2) EAST: Sexual Assault of a Child – 10:11 a.m. Officers responded to a report of two juvenile suspects (both AAMs, ages 14 and 15) in a child sexual assault case being on location in the 5000 block of Milwaukee Street. Officers arrived and located one suspect still on scene. The second suspect was no longer on scene. Investigation continuing.
3) EAST: Adult Arrested Person – 11:48 a.m. Officers responded to Ellestad Drive reference a subject (41 year old WM) who was wanted and was knocking on doors. The suspect was located and taken into custody without incident for his pending charges – false imprisonment, intimidation of witness, disorderly conduct while armed, theft and bail jumping.
4) WEST: Drug Incident Overdose – 1:12 p.m. Officers responded to the 5700 block of Raymond Road for a subject (53 year old WM) who was having an overdose. Drug paraphernalia was observed on scene. EMS revived the subject and he was transported to a local hospital. The subject was charged with possession of heroin and a probation hold.
5) EAST: Adult Arrested Person – 1:58 p.m. Officers responded to a group of people fighting on Silver Road. A subject/suspect (19 year old AAM) fled on foot and was apprehended by officers. A K9 located a loaded handgun, cocaine and drug paraphernalia which was able to be linked to the suspect. The suspect was arrested for possession of cocaine with intent to deliver, resisting, bail jumping, possession of a weapon within 1000 feet of a park, disorderly conduct while armed and possession of drug paraphernalia.
6) EAST: Domestic Disturbance – 2:06 p.m. Officers responded to the 4700 block of Cottage Grove Road for a domestic disturbance between a victim (25 year old AAF) and a suspect (25 year old AAM). A physical altercation was found to have occurred. The suspect was arrested and charged with domestic disorderly conduct.
7) WEST: Child Abuse – 3:15 p.m. Officers responded to the 6900 block of Schroeder Road for a child abuse complaint of a victim (12 year old AAF) by her father/suspect (36 year old AAM). The suspect was arrested and charged with physical abuse to a child.
8) NORTH: Conveyance Mental Health – 3:20 p.m. Officers responded to Fordem Avenue regarding a suicidal subject (31 year old AAF). The subject was taken into protective custody and transported to a local hospital. Ultimately, the subject was transported to Winnebago by two MPD officers. The officers started their transport to Winnebago at approximately 11:15 p.m.
9) SOUTH: Conveyance Mental Health – 5:52 p.m. Officers responded to a local hospital for a suicidal subject (19 year old WF). An emergency detention was sought. The subject was transported to Winnebago at approximately 11:15 p.m.
10) NORTH: Drug Incident Overdose – 6:47 p.m. Officers responded to Hoffman Street for a subject (47 year old WM) who was having an overdose. The subject was revived by EMS and transported to a local hospital. Testing of a substance found with the subject determined it was Fentanyl. Investigation continuing.
11) NORTH: Weapons Offense Shots Fired – 7:05 p.m. Officers responded to Trailsway for a report of shots fired. Witnesses observed a suspect (AAM in his 20's) remove a handgun, point it in the air and fire one shot. A shell casing was located. Investigation continuing. No suspect identification known at this time.
12) EAST: Traffic Stop – 8:12 p.m. Officers observed a possible stolen auto near Commercial Ave and Felland Rd. Two suspects from the vehicle (both AAM juveniles) flee from the vehicle and are not apprehended. Investigation continuing.
13) SOUTH: Death Investigation – 8:48 p.m. Officers responded to the 2300 block of Cypress Way regarding an apparent overdose of a subject (22 year old WM). The subject was found deceased. Drug evidence was located. Investigation continuing.
14) WEST: Check Person – 10:20 p.m. Officers responded to the 9300 block of Wilrich Street regarding a suicidal subject (50 year old WM) who was armed with a handgun and had fired into the ground in an open field nearby. The subject was not on scene when the officers arrived. Multiple resources were used on this call – officers, a sergeant, K9 track, contact with Journey Mental Health, phone pings. The subject was not located. Officers took weapons from the family home for safekeeping. Investigation continuing.
15) EAST: Adult Arrested Person – 11:16 p.m. Officers responded to the 400 block of W. Gilman Street where a suspect (19 year old AAF) assaulted two victims (22 year old WM and 27 year old WF). The suspect was arrested for battery, disorderly conduct and possession of an electric weapon.
16) CENTRAL: Adult Arrested Person – 12:37 a.m. Officers responded to the 500 block of N. Henry Street regarding a trespassing complaint. The suspect (29 year old WM) was located and arrested for trespassing. Drug paraphernalia was located on the suspect. The suspect also has an extraditable warrant out of Indiana.
17) SOUTH: Domestic Disturbance – 1:18 a.m. Officers responded to the 2100 block of Lake Point Drive for a domestic disturbance between a victim (34 year old AAF) and a suspect (39 year old AAM). The suspect was arrested for strangulation and disorderly conduct.