Be ready for the next election:
April 1, 2014
We have new tabulating machines!
(Ballots will still be on paper)
See voter instructions for the new machines here.
- Check the status of your voter registration.
- Use "Click & Mail" to update your registration (you must print out and bring to the polling place with you).
- Find the location of the polling place for your residential address.
- A sample ballot is available on this site close to the time of an election.
Voting in the City of Madison brochures:
Voter Photo ID Law Injunction
Two court-ordered injunctions (March 6, 2012 Order) (March 12, 2012 Order) have been placed on the photo identification requirements of 2011 Wisconsin Act 23, pending trial and further order of the court.
This affects the photo ID portions of the recent changes to state election law only. The 28 day residency requirement, elimination of the corroborating witness for voter registration, and requirement that voters sign the poll book are still in place.
The City Clerk’s Office will update this website as soon as we have any additional information.
CITY CLERK NOTICES:
- WHEN ARE ABSENTEE BALLOTS AVAILABLE? Absentee ballots are available two weeks before each election.
- VOTER LISTS: Can be obtained through the Government Accountability Board. Contact (608) 266-8005 for more information.
- VOTER ELIGIBILITY: You must meet the following requirements to be eligible to vote:
- United States Citizen
- Age 18 or older on or by Election Day
- Resident of the City of Madison for at least 28 days before the election
- If convicted of a felony, have completed the terms of you sentence including probation, parole, or extended supervision
MADISON ELECTION ADVISORY COMMITTEE
- Madison Election Advisory Committee meetings are held quarterly on Monday evenings at 4:30 p.m in the City-County Building. The agendas and minutes are available in Legistar.
- Roster & Mission
- Agenda & Minutes