Metro Transit Phase 3B –Admin and Dispatch Facility Improvements
February 15, 2023
Phase 3A construction is wrapping up in March 2023 at which point Phase 3B design work will commence. Some early activities will include program updates related to Metro’s current staffing needs to support Bus Rapid Transit and a detailed study of the Gisholt (ie Sawtooth) roof section of the building.
This project will provide new bus maintenance lifts, new locker rooms and new office space. The project also includes some general remodeling of bus parking areas, site fencing and roof and facade restoration. Budget is $10.0 M.
Work includes phasing to allow for continuous owner occupancy and 24-hour operations. This project builds on the Phase 1, Phase 2 and Phase 3A projects completed in 2019, 2020 and 2023. The improvement work includes, but is not limited to building infrastructure systems (MEPFP), excavation and concrete work to support new lifts and below grade utilities such as trench drains and sanitary connections, general building construction (walls, windows, painting, ceilings, etc) along with MEPFP systems to support the new and remodeled spaces.
This is the fourth and final phase of a 4-phase construction project (totaling $35M+).
2019 Construction: Metro Transit Phase 1 Service Bay Addition was the addition of a new service lane addition, totaling ~$6.5M
- See Metro Transit's Phase 1 Flickr page for construction photos.
- 2020 Construction: Metro Transit Phase 2 Facility Improvements was the replacement of HVAC throughout the facility, totaling ~$6.5M
- See Metro Transit's Phase 2 Flickr page for construction photos.
- 2021-2023 Construction: Metro Transit Phase 3A Maintenance and Driver Facility Improvements was remodeling of maintenance bays and driver support spaces, including new lifts, and replacement of building infrastructure systems totaling ~$9.875M
- See Metro Transit's Phase 3A Flickr page for construction photos.
- 2023 will include a public art installation along East Washington Ave.
- 2024-2025 Construction: Phase 3B (this project) is remodeling of Admin/Dispatch areas, and the balance of maintenance bays, totaling ~$10.0M (design starting early 2023)
More information regarding the "Metro Transit Space Needs Study" can be found at the Metro Bus Barn Study-East Washington Ave. project page.
City User Agency: Metro Transit
Project Status: In Design
Construction and Bid Doc Preparation: Q1 2024
Bid Due Date: Early February 2024
Construction Start Date: Q2 2024
Expected Completion Date: Q2 2025
"All information regarding dates/times/locations are informational and should be verified with official bidding documents posted on Bid Express."
LEED Goals: LEED NCv4 Silver
City Process Meetings
A RESOLUTION authorizing the Mayor and City Clerk to amend an existing competitively selected service contract with Mead and Hunt for architectural and engineering services for the Metro Transit Maintenance Facility (1 S Ingersoll St; formally 1101 E Wash