On 07/10/2019, a juvenile female reported being followed home from the pool located in the Hill Farms Park area. See the incident report below.
Just a few suggestions to pass along to the kids:
- Don't talk to strangers!
- Use the buddy system! Don't walk or bike alone
- If you think you are being followed, stay out in the open, go into a business, or go where there are other people. DO NOT go down side streets, take shorts cuts, or take a path where there are less people than the main roads.
- Your cell phone should be accessible. Keep it handy to call for help or take a photo.
- Trust your instincts. If the hair on the back of your neck stands up or you get a weird feeling in your stomach, listen to it and act accordingly.
- Don't put yourself in jeopardy but do your best to get a description, if you can:
How many doors
Make (Chevy, Ford, Nissan)
Model (Impala, Fusion, Sentra)
Hair color and style
Any other identifying features: glasses, piercings, tattoos, jewelry
Please make sure you contact police to file a report as soon as possible!
Incident Report from 07/09/2019
At approximately 8:45am, a juvenile female was walking home from the pool in the Hill Farms Park area when she noticed a newer black Subaru was clearly following her. The juvenile was able to quickly find her father who attempted contact with the driver, described as a middle-aged, white male, with brown hair and wearing a baseball cap. The driver of the black Subaru immediately left the area. No additional incidents have been reported related to this vehicle, this morning.