The Madison Police Department is releasing the following information pursuant to Wisconsin State Statute 301.46(2m) which authorizes law enforcement agencies to inform the public of a sex offender's release when; in the discretion of the agency, the release of information will enhance public safety, awareness and protection. The individual who appears on this notification has been convicted of a sex offense.
This sex offender has served the incarceration sentence imposed on him by the courts and is on supervision. He is NOT wanted by the police at this time. This notification is not intended to increase fear; rather, it is our belief that an informed public is a safer public.
Sex offenders have always lived in our communities; but it was not until Act 440 was enacted that permitted law enforcement to share this information with the community. Citizen abuse of this information to threaten, intimidate or harass registered sex offenders will NOT be tolerated.
Michael Boyer is registered with the Sex Offender Registry. Agents of the Wisconsin Division of Community Corrections specializing in intensive supervision will supervise Boyer. If Boyer violates any of the rules or conditions of his parole, he will be taken into custody and placed in confinement pending review of possible revocation proceedings. Witnessed violations should be reported to the Madison Police Department.
Michael Boyer will be living at 1102 Spring St., Madison, WI. In 1990, Boyer was convicted of Assault with Intent to Commit Rape. In 2014, Boyer was convicted of Sexual Assault.
Additional Sex Offender Information:
As of the date of this bulletin, there are over 24,000 sex offenders who have registered as required in the State of Wisconsin. There are over 5,700 sex offenders on probation or parole throughout the State. Approximately 1,000 of these are registered to Dane County addresses, with over half of those registered to addresses within the city limits of Madison.
Community Notification Meeting Agenda
Date of Meeting: Monday, April 12th, 2021
Time of Meeting: 5:00pm
Place of Meeting: Virtual Meeting – Zoom link:
Meeting ID: 982 3133 6846
Meeting Objectives: To provide information to the community about laws related to sex offenders in general. To provide information on the specific individual named in the bulletin. To provide information on the Madison Police Department's response plan related to the offender's return to the community.
Meeting Schedule: Outlined below with topic and speaker. Questions will not be answered during the presentations. Please write any questions you have in the chat function, and the questions will be answered after the presentations are complete. Only those questions submitted in the chat function will be answered during the meeting.
- Introduction: Madison Police Department
- Sex Offender Community Notification Law: WI Department of Corrections
- GPS as a monitoring tool: WI Department of Corrections
- Information on Michael Boyer: WI Department of Corrections
- Madison Police Department Response Plan
- WI Circuit Court Access http://wcca.wicourts.gov/
- National Center for Missing and Exploited Children www.missingkids.com
- Wisconsin Department of Corrections Sex Offender Registry http://offender.doc.state.wi.us/public/
- Family Watchdog http://www.familywatchdog.us/
- Zero Abuse Project Zero Abuse Project - Help Us End Child Abuse and Protect the Children
- Darkness to Light Child Sexual Abuse Prevention | Darkness to Light - Darkness to Light (d2l.org)