Overnight (7/21/22 – 7/22/21) there was a rash of burglaries in the Orchard Ridge Neighborhood in the City of Madison. Suspect(s) entered homes through unlocked back porches as well as by forced entry. The first burglary was reported a little after 2:00 am on the 5500 block of Barton Road with additional reports made throughout the night and early morning from other residences in the neighborhood. Officers will be in the neighborhood and providing extra patrol throughout the evening and night. The Madison Burglary Crime Unit is investigating these cases.
Remember, YOU can help prevent property crime.
- Ensure your doors, porches, windows and garages are kept locked.
- Secure your vehicle keys within a safe location not readily visible inside your home.
- Leave exterior residence lights on at night or utilize motion detecting lights.
- Keep valuables in your garage, car, and home out of sight.
- Removing valuables from your car is better than hiding them. This includes garage door openers and spare keys.
- Keep your garage door closed and double-check it is closed at night.
- Report all criminal and suspicious activity immediately.