Have you heard the news? The City of Madison formally notified the community on September 17, 2021 that "Freakfest 2021" is cancelled. Historically, this event would occur on a Saturday prior to Halloween. This year that date has been identified as Saturday, October 30, 2021. This also coincides with University of Wisconsin - Madison Homecoming events.
Understanding that the weekend of October 29-31 is traditionally a busy weekend, the Central Police district would like to encourage residents, students, and guest of the Central District to be safe and responsible.
Be Safe Tips:
- Avoid situations in which you would likely position yourself or others in danger.
- Share location with friends on multiple social media platforms.
- Plan an agenda for the evening.
- Walk in pairs or small groups.
- Plan a group meeting location in case someone gets lost.
- Report to any suspicious our dangerous behavior to law enforcement.
Be Responsible Tips:
- Entrust in yourself and your friends to do what is right.
- Manage alcohol consumption.
- Avoid disruptive or disorderly Behavior.
- Avoid damaging property.
- Avoid driving under the influence.
- Avoid throwing large parties or after parties.
- Avoid having stranger in your home.
The Central District will be fully staffed with officers to address concerns, as well as adhere to the mission statement that we have all sworn to uphold.
"We, the members of the Madison Police Department, are committed to providing high quality police services that are accessible to all members of the community. We believe in the dignity of all people and respect individual and constitutional rights in fulfilling this mission".
Please join me in doing your part to make this a safe and responsible weekend!
Captain Harrison Zanders 4233