Tuesday, February 17, 2015
The City of Madison had 943 outstanding absentee ballots.
Status of Voter ID requirements for voting:
Voter ID is NOT required
In-Person Absentee Voting will be from 8am-7pm Monday-Friday from Feb. 2- Feb. 13 in the Clerk's Office, 210 Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd. in room 103.
Special Voting Deputy schedule for nursing homes and other forms of assisted living facilities:
The schedule for the April 7, 2015 election is here
Nursing Home Voters - per Wisconsin Law, the Clerk's Office will post a schedule of visits by Special Voting Deputies to certain care facilities starting at least two weeks prior to the election.
Voter Photo ID may be required for elections in 2015. For that purpose, you may still apply for and receive a free ID
Obtaining a free ID for voting Infographic
Guide to obtaining photo ID:
Web page [link]
More information from the DMV about
documentation required to get an ID: [link]
If you do not have documentation required
to get an ID card, the DMV has a process
you can follow: [link]
We have new tabulating machines!
(Ballots will still be on paper)
See voter instructions for the new machines here.
See a voter instruction video here
See Chad Vader use the new machine here
- Check the status of your voter registration.
- Use "Click & Mail" to update your registration (you must print out and bring to the polling place with you).
- Find the location of the polling place for your residential address.
- A sample ballot is available on this site close to the time of an election.
Voting in the City of Madison brochures:
CITY CLERK NOTICES:
- VOTER LISTS: Can be obtained through the Government Accountability Board. Contact (608) 266-8005 for more information.
- VOTER ELIGIBILITY: You must meet the following requirements to be eligible to vote:
- United States Citizen
- Age 18 or older on or by Election Day
- Resident of the City of Madison for at least 28 days before the election
- If convicted of a felony, have completed the terms of you sentence including probation, parole, or extended supervision