Public Hearing Scheduled
Wednesday, February 10 - 6:00 pm
On Wednesday, February 10 at 6:00 pm, Metro Transit and the City of Madison Transportation Commission will hold a virtual public hearing to review and discuss service adjustments proposed for later in the year.
Sign Up to Speak Virtually (Sign up will start on approximately February 1)
Proposed service adjustments include:
- Route 2 – Increase weekday frequency from every 30 minutes to every 15 minutes in both directions between 6 am and 6 pm. (To offset suspension of Route 10 & 27.)
- Route 10 – Route suspended. (Service added to Routes 2 and 38.)
- Route 27 – Route suspended. (Service added on Route 2.)
- Route 38 – Weekday route restored with added mid-day service. During morning and afternoon peaks, buses run every 30 minutes in both directions between University Row/Whitney Way and Pflaum Rd. (via UW Hospital, Wilson/Square & Dennett/Dempsey). During mid-day, buses continue to run every 30 minutes in both directions between the University Row/Whitney Way and Isthmus area (via UW Hospital & Wilson/Square). (To offset suspension of Route 10.)
Maps of Proposed Changes:
- Route 38
- Service Coverage for Proposed Suspension of Routes 10 & 27
- Service Removed - Affected North St. Stops
- Service Removed - Affected Regent Stops
- Service Removed - Affected Johnson/Gorham Stops
- Routes 8, 12, 15, 70 and 72 moved from State St. to W. Washington Ave.
- Route 6/26 – Schedule adjustment so that transfer can be made at East Towne from Route 26 to Route 6 on final weekday trip of the day.
- Route 81 – Route adjusted. Bus stop shifted from N. Franklin to N. Blair
- Bus stop changes -
- Due to safety reasons, stop removed on Whitney Way at Schroeder (ID #8418). Affects routes 18, 50 and 51. See Map
Passengers are encouraged to provide feedback on the proposal. Consideration will be given to views and comments expressed at the public hearing as well as to all phone and written comments received.
Written comments can also be sent to: Metro Transit Proposed Changes, 1245 E. Washington Ave., Suite 201, Madison WI 53703.