Public Hearing Scheduled
On Wednesday, September 27, Metro Transit and the City of Madison Transportation Commission held a public hearing at to discuss possible service change adjustments to go into effect in December.
The Transportation will discuss and make a decision on these proposed changes at their next meeting to be held on Wednesday, October 11.
Adjustments being considered include:
- Routes A, B, C: Running time adjustments to balance trip times between time points
- Routes B and C: Additional buses added to help running times
- A-Sheboygan shuttle elimination (due to proposed Route R connection)
- Routes J & O: Adjustments to improve weekend efficiency
- Route R: Add connection to Route C for extension to UW Hospital (after 7 pm on weekdays and all-day on weekends)
- Route 75: New short-turn trips added to McKee and Maple Grove
- Schedule adjustments to better serve UW Hospital shift changes
- South Transfer Point: Adjusted arrivals/departures for better connections
- Potential peak service route additions pending fall ridership review
Staff held in-person and virtual public info sessions on Thursday, September 14 to provide details on proposed changes before the hearing.
Attend the virtual public hearing or provide feedback prior to the hearing date.
- Online Form: mymetrobus.com/feedback.
- Written comments to: Metro Transit Public Hearing Comments, 1245 E. Washington Ave., Suite 201, Madison WI 53703
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call: (608) 266-4466.
If you need an interpreter, translator, materials in alternate formats or other accommodations to access this service, activity or program, please contact Metro Transit at (608) 266-4904 at least three business days prior to the meeting.