Building Inspection is open to the public by appointment only.
For more on appointments and other services, please see the Building Inspection Services page.
Building Inspection manages systematic inspections. These inspections are not the result of tenant complaints. In 2023, Building Inspection hired an independent company to do a blight study. The company identified this area as showing evidence of blight.
MSA Professional Services, Inc. finished the blight study in May 2023. We received the results in June 2023.
We will start inspections in December 2023.
Tenant Info Meeting
Housing Provider Meeting
City Staff and Alder Figueroa-Cole met with housing providers on November 20, 2023. At this meeting, Staff the inspection process. Also, Focus on Energy presented resources to help property owners reduce energy costs.
- Week of 11/27: Mail letter to housing providers with steps to schedule inspections
- City staff will begin the programmed inspections project
- Allied Wellness Center
- Allied Drive Neighborhood Resource Team
- Joining Forces for Families
- Allied Dunn's Marsh Neighborhood