From 5:30 a.m. on 08/26/2017 through 5:30 a.m. on 08/27/2017, MPD received 375 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) WEST: Fight - 7:35 a.m. Officers responded to Westbrook Cir for a caller's report of a fight occurring in the street. The caller, who wished to remain anonymous, reported three suspects (AAM's, no ages given) fighting in the street. Caller reported it appeared that two of the suspects were fighting the third, and no weapons were observed. The three suspects then stopped fighting and were last reported seen going into a residence prior to officer arrival. Officers attempted contact at the last known address, but received no response. Investigation continuing.
2) EAST: Drug Incident Overdose - 8:19 a.m. Officers responded to PDQ, 4402 E. Buckeye Rd, for the report of a subject in a vehicle in the parking lot "yelling and freaking out." Officers arrived and contact the suspect (WM, 30 years old) and observed a syringe containing fluid and other paraphernalia in the vehicle. The suspect admitted to using heroin. EMS transported the suspect to the VA hospital for further examination and treatment. Citation issued for Possession Drug Paraphernalia. An additional charge of Possession of Heroin pending based on the results of further drug testing. ?
3) EAST: Arrested Person - 9:14 a.m. Officers sent to residence in the 700 block Vernon Ave regarding a caller reporting a domestic problem. Officers arrived and contact the complainant (WF, 19 years old) who advised that her boyfriend (WM, 22 years old) with whom she resides, strangled and head-butted her this morning during an argument. The complainant stated that her boyfriend threatened to knock her out and kill her if she reported to the police. Complainant further reported domestic violence from previous occasion. Boyfriend left the residence prior to police arrival. Complainant displayed injuries and was transported to the hospital for examination of neck injury. Officers responded to suspect's place of work and arrested him for numerous charges including: Strangulation, Battery, and Disorderly Conduct. The suspect was taken to jail.
4) WEST: Accident with Injuries – 11:14 a.m. Officers responded to the report of a motor vehicle vs bicycle crash at the intersection of S Midvale Blvd and the Southwest Commuter Bike Path. Bicyclist (WM, 72 years old) was crossing the southbound lanes of Midvale Blvd after traffic had stopped to allow passage. The suspect (WM, 82 years old), heading southbound on Midvale, changed lanes to avoid traffic that had stopped for the bicyclist and struck the bicyclist in the crosswalk. The bicyclist was transported to the hospital for examination and treatment of minor injuries. The driver was cited for Failure to Yield to Bicyclist in Marked Crosswalk.
5) SOUTH: Disturbance - 1:24 p.m. Officers were dispatched to 2900 block of Todd Dr reference a 25 year old AAM who was potentially overdosing and creating a disturbance. Prior to arrival, officers were informed that there were charges outstanding from MPD for Domestic Disorderly Conduct. Sun Prairie PD also had felony charges for the suspect. Upon contact and further investigation, the suspect was showing no signs of overdose and there was no evidence on scene indicating an overdose. Suspect was seen by MFD paramedics and refused all treatment. Suspect was booked into jail on the previously mentioned charges.
6) NORTH: Domestic Disturbance - 3:00 p.m. MPD was dispatched to meet the victim (AAM, 30 years old) in the parking lot of Madison College at 1701 Wright St. Victim stated that the suspect (AAF, 28 years old) had physically attacked and battered the victim in the 4600 block of Hayes Rd. Victim attempted to flee the area in his vehicle with the suspect chasing. The victim pulls into the parking lot of MATC and the suspect fled upon seeing an officer driving by. Officers were able to locate the suspect and arrest her on charges of Domestic Battery, Domestic Disorderly Conduct, and a probation hold.
7) SOUTH: Theft from Auto - 3:09 p.m. MPD was dispatched to the Little Big Load Laundromat at 2815 Todd Dr, reference a theft from auto. An AAM subject in his 40's was in the laundromat asking for a $10 bill in exchange for two $5 bills. The victim (HF, 35 years old) obliges by going to her vehicle to make the exchange. The victim returns to her laundry while the suspect remains in the parking lot area. The suspect approaches the victim's vehicle where a child is inside watching movies on a mobile device with the door open. The suspect reaches into the vehicle and takes the victim's purse and flees the scene. Two citizens waiting at a nearby bus stop attempted to give chase but the suspect was successful in fleeing the area. Security camera footage of the suspect was obtained and investigation is continuing.
8) WEST: Residential Burglary – 3:49 p.m. MPD was dispatched to a residential burglary in the 3500 block of Ice Age Dr. A witness stated he observed two AAM's looking towards an open garage door from the sidewalk area. One of the suspects entered the garage and rode away on a bicycle. The victim confirms that their bicycle was taken. Officers searched the area but were unable to locate the suspects. Photos of the suspects were obtained and the investigation will continue.
9) EAST: Assist Fire - 4:01 p.m. MPD was dispatched along with the Madison Fire Department regarding a vehicle fire in the parking lot of Wal-Mart at 4198 Nakoosa Trl. A witness had observed an unoccupied vehicle with flames coming from the engine compartment. By the time officers arrived on scene, the vehicle was fully engulfed. MPD officers assisted MFD by blocking entrances and directing traffic, along with locating the vehicle's owner.
10) CENTRAL: Domestic Disturbance – 4:37 p.m. MPD was dispatched to the 100 block of N Livingston St, reference a stalking complaint. Officers contacted the victim (WM, 25 years old) who disclosed that the suspect (WF, 23 years old) had moved into an apartment down the hall from the victim after he had ceased contact with her and changed his number so that she could not find him. Victim eventually confided to officers that the suspect had attacked him on the evening of 8/1/2017. A lengthy narrative was provided in which the victim described being cornered in his vehicle at a gas station. The suspect entered his vehicle without his consent and then took his phone when he attempted to call the police. The victim also disclosed an earlier incident in which the suspect punched him in the shower, causing a concussion. Suspect was arrested for Domestic Disorderly Conduct and Intimidation of Victim. Investigation is ongoing regarding further charges.
11) CENTRAL: Disturbance - 4:39 p.m. MPD was dispatched to an active disturbance at a residence in the 500 block of N. Carroll St. Upon arrival at the scene, an officer was attempting to get initial information while waiting for backup officers to arrive. While doing this, the suspect (WM, 28 years old) rapidly exits the residence and advances towards the officer. The officer was able to use verbal commands to get the highly intoxicated suspect to stop. The suspect was arrested on two counts of felony bail jumping and taken to Detox due to his alcohol incapacitation. The suspect will be conveyed to the jail when released from protective custody.
12) NORTH: Drug Incident Overdose - 7:34 p.m. MPD was dispatched to the Subway restaurant at 3702 E. Washington Ave for a report of a person down, likely due to an overdose. The suspect was seen entering the bathroom and after 45 minutes, clerks checked on the suspect (WM, 45 years old) and discovered him down and not breathing. An MPD officer arrived on scene and began life saving measures, including administrating naloxone. MFD administered another dose of naloxone before transporting the suspect to an area hospital. The area around the suspect had items consistent with heroin use. The suspect was arrested for Possession of Heroin.
13) WEST: Domestic Disturbance - 10:19 p.m. MPD was dispatched to the 6700 block of Schroeder Rd, reference a domestic disturbance. Officers make contact with the victim (WM, 36 years old) and the victim states that the suspect (AAF, 42 years old), is upset after a break up. The victim is moving out and the suspect confronts the victim in the parking lot. The suspect is intoxicated and chases the victim around the property grounds. The victim hides briefly behind a friend's vehicle and the suspect locates the victim. The suspect grabs a Tupperware container and throws it at the victim and this strikes the victim's head, which causes an injury to the victim's eyebrow. The suspect is arrested for Domestic Battery and Domestic Disorderly Conduct.
14) EAST: Drug Investigation - 11:05 p.m. MPD was conducting proactive patrol in the 3000 block of Darbo Dr and observe a vehicle parked in the No Parking area and make contact with suspect (AAM, 27 years old) and officers detect a strong odor of marijuana coming from the vehicle. A subsequent search yields 16 grams of marijuana and the suspect admitted to providing marijuana to another subject earlier in the day. Suspect has an open case and is out on bail. Suspect is arrested for Possession with Intent to Deliver Marijuana and bail jumping.
15) EAST: Armed Robbery - 1:06 a.m. MPD was dispatched to the 800 block of Pinewood Ct, reference an armed robbery. Officers are informed that there were three victims (WM, 19 years old; AAM, 18 years old; and WM, 18 years old) and they were returning home after a night out with friends. All three victims walk through the parking lot when a suspect, described as an AAM in his 20s, exits a parked vehicle and approaches the victims. The suspect points a gun at the victims and robs them of their credit cards and cell phones. The suspect then tells the victims to run away as the suspect leaves the area in a vehicle. This suspect is a passenger of a vehicle being driven by an AAM. Investigation continuing.
16) CENTRAL: Non-Residential Burglary - 4:14 a.m. MPD was dispatched to the 400 block of Division St, reference a non-residential burglary into a construction work site. The caller is able to see a subject inside the construction work site via cameras. Officers arrived on scene and located the suspect (WM, 29 years old) in the construction site. Officers take the suspect into custody and arrest for Entry into a Construction Site and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia.