From 5:30 a.m. on 10/16/2017 through 5:30 a.m. on 10/17/2017, MPD received 474 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) SOUTH: Assist Citizen – 8:20 a.m. Officers responded to the intersection of University Ave/University Bay Drive where a subject (58 year old WM) appeared to suffer a medical emergency while riding his bicycle. Staff from a local hospital were on scene providing medical assistance to the subject. Investigation continuing.
2) CENTRAL: Disturbance – 10:23 a.m. Officers responded to the area of Wisconsin Ave/W. Mifflin Street for a disturbance between two subjects (36 year old WM victim and 47 year old AAM suspect). The suspect was arrested for disorderly conduct and open container of alcohol.
3) CENTRAL: Accident Hit and Run – 12:46 p.m. Officers responded to the area of N. Paterson and Dayton Street where a vehicle hit a pedestrian (33 year old WF). The pedestrian suffered injuries. Suspect vehicle fled. Suspect vehicle was located by officers and was occupied by two subjects (23 year old WM and 18 year old WF). Both subjects suspected of being under the influence. Both subjects claim to have been driving the vehicle. The male suspect was arrested for hit and run as well as operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated.
4) SOUTH: Weapons Offense Person w/Gun – 12:46 p.m. Officers responded to the 2300 block of University Avenue for a report of four teenage males running with guns. Officers respond and attempt to contact the teenagers (two suspects flee, two remain on scene). One of the suspects (16 year old HM) was arrested and charged with drug paraphernalia and receiving stolen property. A second suspect (14 year old WM) was cited for possession of marijuana. The two subjects who fled were identified. No weapons were located but it was reported that one of the suspects who fled had a BB gun. Investigation continuing.
5) NORTH: Weapons Offense – 2:23 p.m. Officers made contact with a dump truck driver who heard a "pop" and then his front passenger side window shattered. This incident occurred on Hwy 151/I-90. The driver believes the damage was likely due to a BB/pellet gun. Investigation continuing.
6) NORTH: Check Person – 2:24 p.m. Officers responded to Pierstorff Street for a suicidal subject (44 year old WM). The subject did not want help. Officers were able to build rapport with the subject and he eventually agreed to voluntarily admit to a local hospital for an evaluation/treatment.
7) EAST: Missing Juvenile/Runaway – 4:49 p.m. Officers responded to Golden Leaf Trail for a report of a missing juvenile (15 year old AAM). Attempt to locate aired and the juvenile was listed as missing in the appropriate databases.
8) CENTRAL: Armed Robbery – 7:57 p.m. Officers responded to an armed robbery at Subway in the 1400 block of University Avenue. The suspect (WM) displayed a handgun and demanded money. The suspect fled with money. Investigation continuing.
9) EAST: Sexual Assault – 8:08 p.m. A subject (44 year old AAF) in jail, who was arrested the previous night, reported a sexual assault that had occurred prior to her arrest. Investigation continuing.
10) CENTRAL: Death Investigation – 8:13 p.m. Officers responded to Williamson Street for a deceased subject (63 year old WM). Subject had health concerns. Nothing suspicious at this time. Medical Examiner responded. Autopsy scheduled for 10/17.
11) EAST: Theft from Auto – 9:08 p.m. Officers responded to Nakoosa Trail where a subject reported that one of three guns that were left in his vehicle was missing. Investigation continuing.
12) WEST: Theft – 1:20 a.m. Officers responded to a dealership on Odana Road after a caller reported observing a vehicle with missing tires. Vehicle was located with no tires. Officers checked other areas for other vehicles in the same condition and none were found. Investigation continuing.
13) EAST: Burglary Non-Residential – 2:45 a.m. Officers responded to an alarm at a business in the 3700 block of E. Washington Blvd. Business was found to be broken into and items stolen. K9 track was completed and an item from the store was located. Investigation continuing.
14) EAST: Drug Incident Overdose – 3:54 a.m. Officers responded to the 4000 block of East Towne Blvd for a subject (30 year old WM) having an overdose. The subject was administered Naloxone by MFD and transported to a local hospital. No evidence of drug use was located. No charges were substantiated.