From 5:30 a.m. on 01/03/2018 through 5:30 a.m. on 01/04/2018, MPD received 401 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) CITY-WIDE: Information – 9:06 a.m. Officers responded to the 2900 block of Todd Dr to check the welfare of a suicidal subject (35 year old WM). The subject allegedly made threats towards law enforcement if they were to respond to his residence. There were also reports that the subject had been stabbed. An address for the subject was unable to be verified. The subject was able to be contacted via phone and he denied being injured or suicidal. The subject also reported to be outside the city limits. The subject did not sound to be in distress. MPD Mental Health Officer notified and will conduct follow-up.
2) CENTRAL: Information – 10:18 a.m. Officers responded to the intersection of E. Johnson St/Wisconsin Ave regarding 6-7 people fighting. There was a report as well that a subject (AAM) had a gun. The caller was not on scene when officers arrived and there was a 10-minute delay in reporting the fight. Officers arrived and no disturbance was located.
3) SOUTH: Strong Arm Robbery – 10:48 a.m. Officers responded to Subway located at 951 S. Park St for an attempted robbery by a suspect (WM). The suspect fled on foot. Press release completed. Investigation continuing.
4) EAST: Juvenile Arrest – 11:55 a.m. Officer responded to several fights at a school. Two juveniles were observed running out of the school with backpacks. The juveniles were observed on video messing around with the bags for approximately 45 seconds and then returning to the school. The officer traced the juveniles' tracks and located one facsimile firearm. Both juveniles were interviewed and a second facsimile firearm's location was provided. Both firearms were ultimately recovered. The juveniles (16 and 15 year old AAMs) were charged with possession of a dangerous weapon on school premises. They were released to their parents/guardians.
5) NORTH: Death Investigation – 2:52 p.m. Officers responded to a north side residence for a deceased subject (76 year old WM). Medical Examiner's office responded. Investigation continuing.
6) NORTH: Adult Arrested Person – 3:12 p.m. Officers responded to Brentwood Parkway for a verbal domestic dispute regarding placement of a juvenile family member. While officers are investigating what occurred, it was reported that two individuals were hiding in a back bedroom. The two subjects were contacted and it was found that they each had pending warrants. The two suspects (23 and 20 year old AAMs) were conveyed to jail for their warrants. One of the suspects received an additional charge of obstructing as he lied about his identity. There were no charges related to the original verbal dispute complaint.
7) NORTH: Juvenile Arrest – 4:02 p.m. Officers responded to a north side residence where a juvenile (14 year old WF) was acting out, damaging items and threatening to harm her caregiver. The juvenile's behavior escalated while officers were on scene. The juvenile was conveyed to the Juvenile Reception Center on a disorderly conduct charge.
8) CENTRAL: Disturbance – 4:17 p.m. Officers responded to a disturbance on Williamson St where the suspect (69 year old NAM) was verbally threatening and harassing community members. The suspect was not on scene when officers arrived. Charges are pending for the suspect for disorderly conduct as well as bail jumping. Investigation continuing.
9) EAST: Adult Arrested Person – 5:04 p.m. Officers responded to Camden Rd for a domestic disturbance between a mother (49 year old WF victim) and her daughter (20 year old WF suspect). The victim was locked out of her residence during a physical disturbance with her daughter. The victim received injuries and the home was damaged. The suspect was arrested for domestic battery, disorderly conduct and criminal damage to property.
10) CENTRAL: Check Person – 5:12 p.m. Officers received a report that a subject (34 year old WM) sent a text indicating his intent to cause self-harm. The report was made approximately 8 hours after the text was received. Officers were familiar with the subject and the subject has a history of sending similar messages. Multiple locations for the subject were checked, attempt to locate aired, phone was pinged and Journey Mental Health was consulted. The subject was ultimately located and he reported that his text message did not mean anything. Investigation continuing.
11) EAST: Sexual Assault – 6:22 p.m. Officers responded to Milwaukee St where a victim (60 year old WF) reported a sexual assault that occurred several months ago. The suspect (68 year old AAM) was identified by the victim. Investigation continuing.
12) EAST: Sexual Assault – 8:00 p.m. Officers responded to Dempsey Rd where a victim (41 year old WF) reported a sexual assault. The suspect (30 year old WM) was identified by the victim. Investigation continuing.
13) CENTRAL: Adult Arrested Person – 11:23 p.m. An officer located a wanted suspect (from incident #8 above) and made contact with him. The suspect resisted arrest and made threats to kill the officer. The suspect was conveyed to the jail where he also made threats to kill the booking deputies.
14) WEST: Recovered Stolen Vehicle – 12:19 a.m. Officers responded to Allied Dr for a vehicle that was located and confirmed to be stolen. Registered owner contacted. Vehicle towed.
15) NORTH: Crash – 3:39 a.m. Officers responded to a single vehicle crash at Packers Ave/Aberg Ave. The vehicle struck a street sign. The female driver was unresponsive and MFD had to smash a window to gain access to her. The driver regained consciousness and was transported to a local hospital.