From 5:30 a.m. on 12/07/2017 through 5:30 a.m. on 12/08/2017, MPD received 369 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) WEST: Adult Arrested Person – 7:08 a.m. Officers responded to Brittany Pl for a disturbance between two subjects (25 year old WF victim and 32 year old NAM suspect). The victim reported that the suspect was intoxicated, punching walls and threatening to break windows. The suspect was contacted and taken into custody for domestic disorderly conduct.
2) NORTH: Conveyance Mental Health – 9:47 a.m. Officers responded to the 2200 block of E. Washington Ave for a juvenile (17 year old AAM) with developmental delays acting out. The juvenile was transported to a local hospital for an evaluation. The subject ultimately had to be transported to Winnebago for an emergency detention at approximately 8:30 p.m. and required three officers to assist with the conveyance due to safety concerns.
3) NORTH: Child Abuse – 11:13 a.m. Officers responded to a report of child abuse of a victim (6 year old AAF) by her mother/suspect (27 year old AAF). Child Protective Services plugged in. A safety plan was developed and the child is in the care of another family member. Investigation continuing.
4) NORTH: Missing Juvenile/Runaway – 1:16 p.m. Officers responded to Northport Dr for a report of a missing juvenile (14 year old AAF). The juvenile had been skipping school recently and friends reported that the juvenile was seen with a backpack with a change of clothes. Attempt to locate aired. The juvenile was listed as missing in the appropriate databases. Investigation continuing.
5) SOUTH: Check Person – 2:06 p.m. Officers responded to Artesian Lane to check the welfare of a suicidal subject (40 year old WM). The subject agreed to speak with staff at Journey Mental Health for a mental health evaluation. A safety plan was developed and weapons were removed from the home.
6) NORTH: Theft from Auto – 4:01 p.m. Officers took a report of a stolen handgun from a vehicle that was parked on the north side of Madison. The owner advised that the vehicle was locked. The gun was listed as stolen in the appropriate databases.
7) EAST: Information – 4:53 p.m. Officers received information of human trafficking in a storage shed on the east side of Madison. Investigation continuing.
8) EAST: Disturbance – 6:53 p.m. Officers responded to the 1200 block of Macarthur Rd for a juvenile (14 year old male) having some mental health issues. The juvenile broke some glass in his home and threatened to harm himself. Journey Mental Health was consulted. A safety plan was put into place and the juvenile was left in the care of his family.
9) EAST: Weapons Offense – 7:06 p.m. Officers responded to Sudbury Way for a juvenile (13 year old female) having some mental health issues. The juvenile was transported to a local hospital for an evaluation. The juvenile will ultimately be transported to Winnebago on an emergency detention order.
10) NORTH: Crash with Injuries – 7:33 p.m. Officers responded to N. Sherman Ave/Northport Dr for a single vehicle, single occupant (36 year old WM) roll-over crash. The driver admitted he was texting while driving. The driver was transported to a local hospital for non-life threatening injuries. He was cited for inattentive driving. The outbound traffic signal at the intersection was completely disabled.
11) NORTH: Weapons Offense/Shots Fired – 9:33 p.m. Officers responded to Wheeler Rd where several callers reported shots fired. Multiple casings were located. Investigation continuing.
12) EAST: Damage to Property – 9:48 p.m. Officers responded to an east side residence where it was reported that the inflatable decorations set up in their yard were damaged. The suspects, juveniles who were male, were observed running away from the home. No suspects located. Investigation continuing.
13) EAST: Disturbance – 9:49 p.m. Officers were dispatched to Rockwell Dr regarding a disturbance between a couple who had just ended their relationship. The caller, mother of the female, contacted 911. It was reported that an argument took place and the male (30 year old AAM) made some threats involving a gun, although no weapon was observed. The male was not on scene when officers arrived but contacted 911 himself. An investigation was completed. The female (22 year old WF) was contacted and ultimately arrested on outstanding felony warrants. No other charges were substantiated.
14) CENTRAL: Safety Hazard – 9:51 p.m. Officers responded to the area of University Ave/N Charter St regarding a water main break. Officers were on scene to block off traffic lanes until the repair was completed.
15) CENTRAL: Check Property – 9:53 p.m. Officers were dispatched to a convenience store on Williamson St where the caller (17 year old AAF) observed a male wearing a paintball mask with his hand in a satchel approaching the business. The caller believed the male was about to commit a robbery so she attempted to leave the parking lot quickly and ended up hitting a parked vehicle. Caller, passenger, employee and others were contacted about what they witnessed. Nothing suspicious on scene. Investigation continuing.
16) EAST: Damage to Property – 11:29 p.m. Officers responded to an east side residence where the caller (WF) reported her tires were slashed and her vehicle was egged. A check of the area revealed other vehicles (5) were also egged. Investigation continuing.
17) EAST: Domestic Disturbance – 12:20 a.m. Officers responded to Droster Rd for a domestic disturbance between two subjects (36 year old WM suspect and his 61 year old WF victim/mother). The suspect was upset that his mother yelled at him in front of his friend. The suspect broke down a door and pushed his mother. The suspect left the area prior to officers arriving. Charges are pending for the suspect for domestic disorderly conduct and damage to property.
18) CITY-WIDE: Assist Law Enforcement – 12:45 a.m. Another law enforcement agency was involved in a vehicle pursuit. MPD officers found the vehicle abandoned on Whalen Ln. MPD was asked to assist with attempting to locate the suspect. Suspect not located.
19) NORTH: Information – 2:00 a.m. Officers responded to Debra Lane at three different times for reports (2am, 3:15am and 4:09am) by the same caller (43 year old WM). The caller initially reported receiving a phone call from his girlfriend (29 year old WF) and when he answered he could hear her crying in the background. The caller advised that a male (believed to be the ex-boyfriend of the female) answered the phone. The second call from the caller indicated that his girlfriend had been sexually assaulted. The third call reported that the ex-boyfriend was at the residence. All three calls were investigated. The female subject was contacted and she did not provide a statement to support her boyfriend's claims. No charges were substantiated.
20) NORTH: Stolen Auto – 3:50 a.m. Officers responded to Emil St for a report of a stolen vehicle. The vehicle was entered as missing in the appropriate databases.