From 5:30 a.m. on 08/21/2017 through 5:30 a.m. on 08/22/2017, MPD received 485 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
Due to calls for service on 8/21, we had to go to priority calls only citywide from 11:15am-12:45pm. Our North District continued on priority calls only until 1:35pm.
1) WEST: Domestic Disturbance – 6:46 a.m. Officers responded to the 5900 block of Schroeder Road for a disturbance. The caller reported observing a male and a female get out of a vehicle near this location, arguing and observed the male throw/shove the female over the hood of the vehicle where the female landed on her shoulder/back. The suspect (described as a 25-35 year old AAM) got back in the vehicle and left the area. Officers made contact with the female (identified as a 24 year old AAF) who did not cooperate with the investigative efforts. She was transported to a local hospital for a medical evaluation. Investigation continuing.
2) WEST: Assist EMS/Fire – 8:44 a.m. Officers responded with Madison Fire Department (MFD) to the 4300 block of Crawford Drive for a reported gas leak in the area. Officers assisted MFD in evacuating residents due to the gas levels detected. MG&E responded to the area. **Due to the resources needed for this call, we initially responded with 6 officers. We were on scene from 8:45am-12:45pm. By the time the call ended we had 3 officers still on scene.
3) SOUTH: Drug Incident Overdose – 10:47 a.m. Officers responded to the 900 block of Badger Road reference a female on the floor and unresponsive. Officers arrived and find the female (43 year old WF) breathing but unconscious. The female is transported to a local hospital. Female was cited for possession of drug paraphernalia.
4) NORTH: Weapons Offense Shots Fired – 10:57 a.m. Officers responded to the area of Northport Drive/Troy Drive regarding multiple reports of gunshots and a report of at least one vehicle struck by gunfire with an occupant injured by flying glass. The victim (59 year old WM) was examined by EMS. A description of the suspect vehicle was provided. Several bullet casings were located in a parking lot and the victim's vehicle was also struck at least once. Investigation continuing.
5) WEST: Disturbance – 2:28 p.m. Officers dispatched to the 2300 block of Revival Ridge where there was probable cause for the arrest of a juvenile (13 year old WF) who was involved in a domestic disturbance on 8/20. There was another incident on 8/21 where the juvenile displayed a knife and threatened someone near a park. The juvenile was contacted and she resisted arrest. She was transported to the Juvenile Reception Center (JRC) regarding her charges.
6) EAST: Weapons Offense – 2:38 p.m. Officers were dispatched to the 4500 block of Nakoosa Trail reference a subject/suspect (27 year old AAM) who was displaying a handgun. Officers respond to the area and are directed by witnesses towards the 800 block of Brandie Road for a suspect matching the description. The suspect was located and apprehended. No handgun has been recovered at this time. Investigation continuing.
7) SOUTH: Domestic Disturbance – 5:56 p.m. Officers were dispatched to the 900 block of W. Badger Road where a victim (22 year old AAF) reported that she was held against her will by her ex-boyfriend/suspect (28 year old AAM). Officers make contact with the suspect and he is arrested without incident.
8) EAST: Death Investigation – 6:03 p.m. Officers responded to Bay Ridge Road where the caller found her cousin deceased. The decedent (31 year old WM) has a history of drug and alcohol abuse according to the caller. An autopsy is scheduled for 8/22.
9) EAST: Child Abuse – 6:52 p.m. The mother of a 15 month old child (AAM) called the police regarding suspicious scratches on the child's body. There were concerns that the child sustained the injuries from his father (38 year old WM). The child was taken to the hospital for an evaluation and medically cleared. Child Protective Services (CPS) was consulted. No clear evidence at this time that the child has been abused. Investigation continuing.
10) NORTH: OMVWI Arrest/Intoxicated Driver – 12:00 a.m. Multiple callers report a vehicle that struck a pole with the driver attempting to leave the scene. Officers respond and locate two occupants who were uninjured. It appeared that speed was a factor in the accident along with the driver being intoxicated. The driver/suspect (19 year old WF) was arrested for Operating Under the Influence (OWI).
11) NORTH: Weapons Offense Shots Fired – 2:38 a.m. A caller reported hearing 3 shots coming from the Fair Oaks/E. Washington Ave area. Officers responded and did not find any evidence of shots fired.