From 5:30 a.m. on 01/29/2018 through 5:30 a.m. on 01/30/2018, MPD received 360 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) SOUTH: Stolen Auto - 6:53 a.m. Officers responded to Coho St for a stolen vehicle. The vehicle was left running, unlocked and unoccupied. The suspects were described as three AAAMs in their teens. There was video evidence showing the teens arriving to the area in another vehicle (also reported stolen). Attempt to locate vehicle aired. Vehicle entered as stolen in the appropriate databases. Investigation continuing.
2) WEST: Residential Burglary - 7:42 a.m. Officers responded to a residential burglary on the west side of town. The suspects entered the home through an unlocked rear all-season porch and sliding patio door, stole a gaming system and fled. Investigation continuing.
3) NORTH: Non-Residential Burglary - 8:17 a.m. Officers responded to a school where it was broken into over the weekend. There is video evidence which shows a suspect who has been identified as a 17 year old AAM. Investigation continuing.
4) NORTH: Stolen Auto - 9:01 a.m. Officers responded to the north side of town for a stolen vehicle that was left running and unlocked. Attempt to locate aired. The vehicle was entered as stolen in the appropriate databases. At approximately 1:30 p.m., an officer observed the stolen vehicle doing donuts in a parking lot. The officer approached the vehicle and the two juvenile occupants fled on foot. The two juveniles were apprehended (14 and 15 year old AAMs). They were conveyed to the Juvenile Reception Center on charges of operating a motor vehicle without consent (OMVWOC). The vehicle was returned to the registered owner.
5) EAST: Intoxicated Driver - 1:23 p.m. Officers responded to a report that a suspect (28 year old WM) was intoxicated and causing a disturbance. The caller then advised that the suspect left in a vehicle with his young child unrestrained in a car seat. Officers were able to locate the suspect. The suspect was taken into custody and charged with operating a motor vehicle with passenger under the age of 16 (3rd offense), bail jumping, domestic charges, operating after revocation (with an unrestrained child passenger). The child was not harmed and was left in the care of his mother.
6) NORTH: Sexual Assault - 2:50 p.m. Officers responded to a report of a sexual harassment complaint by a victim (36 year old AAF). The suspect (AAM) was partially identified by the victim. The victim and suspect are employed in the same building. Investigation continuing.
7) CENTRAL: Death Investigation - 5:44 p.m. Officers responded to residence regarding a deceased subject (35 year old WM). The subject had reportedly not been feeling well recently. Nothing suspicious on scene. Medical Examiner's office notified. Investigation continuing.
8) CENTRAL: Mental Health Conveyance - 6:27 p.m. Officers responded to N. Frances Street to check the welfare of a suicidal subject (21 year old AAM). The subject was conveyed to a local hospital for an evaluation/treatment. Investigation continuing.
9) EAST: Intoxicated Driver - 6:34 p.m. An officer was flagged down by a witness who observed a vehicle/driver all over the road almost striking vehicles. The officer located the vehicle and a stop was conducted. The driver (40 year old WM) was ultimately arrested for operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated.
10) WEST: Stolen Auto - 7:51 p.m. Officers responded to a west side residence regarding a stolen vehicle. The vehicle was left unlocked in a garage with the key inside. The homeowner believes they closed the garage door but it remained open. The vehicle was stolen. Attempt to locate aired. The vehicle was listed as stolen in the appropriate databases. Investigation continuing.
11) SOUTH: Weapons Offense/Shots Fired - 8:01 p.m. Officers responded to Sundstrom for a report of shots fired. No evidence of shots fired was located. Town of Madison police were also notified as this may have occurred in their jurisdiction.
12) MIDTOWN: Disturbance - 11:00 p.m. Officers responded to a local hospital regarding a subject (35 year old WM) who was acting out violently. The scene was stabilized and officers are working on a possible emergency detention. Investigation continuing.
13) CENTRAL: Disturbance - 12:34 a.m. Officers responded to Butler St where a disturbance took place. A 19 year old HF and a 22 year old HM were hanging out at the male's residence when the father of the female and other family members showed up. The father/suspect (HM) pushed his way into the residence, shoved the HM friend and broke a personal item in the residence. The father, family members and 19 year old HF left the residence. The officers were able to locate the father/suspect and he was cited for battery and criminal damage to property. The mother of the 19 year old was also cited for trespassing.
14) CENTRAL: Check Person - 1:15 a.m. Officers responded to N. Henry St to check the welfare of a suicidal subject (20 year old WF). The subject was conveyed to a local hospital for an evaluation. Crisis was consulted and a safety plan was established.