From 5:30 a.m. on 03/03/2018 through 5:30 a.m. on 03/04/2018, MPD received 416 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials. For purposes of clarification, the following abbreviations are short-hand for race designations: W=White, AA=African American, NA=Native American, H=Hispanic, ME=Middle Eastern, A=Asian, MR=Mixed Race, U=Unknown. MPD shifts are staggered as follows: 1st detail=7 a.m. to 3 p.m., 2nd detail=12 p.m. to 8 p.m., 3rd detail=3 p.m. to 11 p.m., 4th detail=8 p.m. to 4 a.m., 5th detail=11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
**Two officers ordered over from 1st detail due to shortages from sick-ups on 3rd detail. 4th and 5th detail sick-ups were covered by holdovers and a willing early 1st detailer. Priority calls city-wide from 2:05 a.m. to 3:00 a.m. due to significant calls for service.**
1) NORTH: OMVWI Arrest/Intoxicated Driver – 7:54 a.m. MPD was dispatched to Eastpark Blvd and American Pkwy reference a caller seeing two unresponsive individuals inside an idling vehicle. The caller reported that the individuals appeared to be passed out and the vehicle was still in gear. The suspect (45 year old WM) driver was arrested for 1st offense OWI.
2) CENTRAL: Adult Arrested Person – 9:51 a.m. The suspect (27 year old AAM) was seeking medical care at a clinic on W Washington Ave. Clinic staff called MPD due to the suspect having a knife on his person (the suspect never brandished the knife nor did he threaten to use it). MPD arrived and during the course of the investigation the suspect was found to be in possession of enough marijuana to warrant a possession with intent to deliver charge. The suspect was cooperative, given an order-in date and cited. The suspect was transported to a local ER where he could continue to seek medical care.
3) NORTH: Disturbance-Unwanted Person – 11:18 a.m. MPD was dispatched to Straubel Ct for a report of a disturbance. The caller stated that her ex-husband (27 year old AAM), who had been harassing her, was back at her apartment. The suspect was contacted and arrested without issue on a charge of domestic disorderly conduct.
4) WEST: Missing Juvenile/Runaway – 3:01 p.m. MPD was dispatched to a residential West side address for a father reporting that his 17 year old WM son had run away. The juvenile subsequently returned home at 11 pm.
5) WEST: Crash w/Injuries – 4:20 p.m. MPD was dispatched to a motor vehicle vs pedestrian crash where the pedestrian was a juvenile AAM. MPD arrived and determined no life threatening injury to the child who was transported to a local hospital as a precautionary measure. Apparently, the child and his siblings were crossing traffic on McKee Rd at Maple Grove Dr and ran into traffic, causing a 76 year old WM driver to glancingly strike the child with the fender and mirror area of his car. The driver was cooperative and the incident was seen by independent witnesses. Investigation continuing.
6) CENTRAL: Theft – 5:34 p.m. MPD was dispatched to a theft investigation which occurred in the 100 block of E Doty St where the victim's purse had been stolen and credit cards used. The victim had a smartphone with GPS on it and was able to direct officers to the area where the phone was. A sergeant was able to get behind the suspect's vehicle and began to follow. As they approached an intersection, the sergeant activated his light package and the suspect immediately accelerated through the intersection, causing a crash. The suspect bailed and the sergeant remained at the crash scene. Officers located the phone, multiple credit cards, and IDs of the victim. Officers have leads to pursue on the identity of the suspect. Investigation continuing.
7) NORTH: Death Investigation – 8:29 p.m. North officers responded to a PNB subject (pulseless, non-breathing) on Independence Ln. Officers were called by the decedent's girlfriend, who reported that the deceased (39 year old WM) had gone PNB and she attempted CCR. The Medical Examiner responded and believed that the deceased suffered a medical emergency. Investigation continuing.
8) NORTH: Check Person – 9:30 p.m. North officers responded to Memorial Drive for a person expressing a desire to commit suicide. The caller was reporting on behalf of her sister, a 25 year old WF. The subject agreed to go to a local hospital for evaluation. The subject was voluntarily admitted to the hospital. Journey Mental Health was plugged in.
9) CENTRAL: Domestic Disturbance – 10:12 p.m. Central officers responded to the 1300 block of Williamson St for a report of a domestic disturbance. The conflict was between a 40 year old WF and her husband, a 44 year old WM, who are going through a divorce. Investigation reflects that the suspect/husband caused domestic battery, disorderly conduct, and intimidation of a victim, prior to fleeing the scene. The suspect remains at large. Investigation continuing.
10) CENTRAL: Assist EMS/Fire – 11:50 p.m. Central officers were sent to 430 W Gilman St (Blue Velvet Lounge) as the caller was reporting an intoxicated subject who said she may have been sexually assaulted. Officers arrived at the Blue Velvet Lounge along with MFD/EMS who then transported a very intoxicated 23 year old HF to a local hospital. Officers were not able to obtain a statement from the victim at this time, due to her high level of intoxication and combativeness with staff at the hospital. Investigation continuing.
11) SOUTH: Domestic Disturbance – 12:31 a.m. South officers responded to Lake Point Dr for a report of a domestic disturbance. Upon arrival, officers learned from the 19 year old HF victim that her boyfriend (28 year old HM) had been in a physical fight with his brother. The brother left prior to MPD arrival. Besides being involved in a disturbance with his brother, the boyfriend also slapped, yelled, and cursed the girlfriend in a threatening manner. Officers subsequently developed charges for domestic disorderly conduct and transported the suspect to jail.