From 5:30 a.m. on 10/23/2017 through 5:30 a.m. on 10/24/2017, MPD received 406 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) EAST: Disorderly Conduct – 6:26 a.m. Officers responded to a Ho Chunk on Evan Acres Road for a suspect (33 year old AAM) who was refusing to leave the establishment when asked. The suspect became physically resistive when security at the business attempted to escort the suspect outside. The suspect was detained until the police arrived. The suspect was cited for disorderly conduct and given a trespassing warning. The suspect was escorted from the property.
2) NORTH: Adult Arrested Person – 8:45 a.m. Officers responded to the 1600 block of Wright Street for a domestic disturbance between two subjects (46 year old AAM suspect and 33 year old AAF victim). The male suspect reported that the female attempted to run him over with a vehicle. It was reported, and confirmed by an uninvolved witness, that the male threatened to kill the female. There was no evidence that the female attempted to run over the male. The suspect was arrested for disorderly conduct.
3) EAST: Child Abuse – 1:21 p.m. Officers responded to a store in the 2700 block of E. Washington Avenue for a report of a suspect (23 year old AAF) striking her child (3 year old AAM). Officers made contact with the mother and two children. The mother admitted to disciplining the child due to his "attitude." The child had no marks. Child Protective Services has an open investigation with the family and agreed for the children to go stay with another family member. No charges substantiated at this time but investigation is continuing.
4) EAST: Disturbance – 2:16 p.m. Officers responded to a business in the 1700 block of Thierer Road where a suspect (22 year old WF) refused to leave the business when asked and was causing a disturbance (verbal and physical). The suspect was taken into custody and arrested for trespassing, disorderly conduct, criminal damage to property and battery. She was also arrested for charges on file for theft and a probation/parole violation.
5) CENTRAL: Traffic Incident – 3:06 p.m. Dispatch aired information from another law enforcement jurisdiction regarding a hit-and-run. An off-duty officer from another law enforcement agency spots the suspect vehicle and advised dispatch of its location. Officers responded and contacted the driver/suspect (36 year old WF). The vehicle had extensive damage. The suspect was cited for reckless driving and possession of drug paraphernalia.
6) SOUTH: Strong Arm Robbery – 3:29 p.m. A caller/victim (28 year old WM) reported being robbed by two AAMs in the 2400 block of S. Park Street. There is video evidence which contradicts the explanation by the caller/victim of what occurred. Investigation continuing.
7) SOUTH: Death Investigation – 3:46 p.m. Officers responded to a south side residence for a deceased subject (73 year old WM). Subject had health problems. Nothing suspicious on scene. Medical Examiner responded.
8) EAST: Check Person – 4:43 p.m. Officers responded to the 2800 block of E. Washington Ave for a report of a subject with a needle acting crazy. The subject (41 year old WM) was contacted and admitted to injecting heroin. The subject still had the needle on him. The subject was cited for possession of heroin and possession of drug paraphernalia. Subject was given a referral to Madison Addiction Recovery Initiative (MARI).
9) WEST: Weapons Offense – 6:43 p.m. Officers responded to Tree Lane for a report of shots fired. No evidence of shots fired located.
10) NORTH: Fight Call – 7:03 p.m. Officers responded to Eliot Lane for a report of people fighting. Investigation reveals that two juveniles were play fighting when an uninvolved adult witness observed them and thought they were really fighting. A verbal argument ensued between the juveniles and the witness. No charges substantiated.
11) SOUTH: Stolen Auto – 7:59 p.m. Officers responded to Allen Street for a report of a stolen vehicle which was left running and unlocked. Attempt to locate aired. Vehicle listed as missing in the appropriate databases.
12) NORTH: Domestic Disturbance – 8:38 p.m. Officers responded to Kennedy Heights for a disturbance between a mom/suspect (49 year old WF) and her daughter/victim (17 year old AAF). The suspect hit her daughter multiple times in the face and head. The suspect was arrested for physical abuse to a child. The victim and her sister (16 year old AAF) were taken to a friend's house per the mother's request and then ran away after the police left. Both juveniles were entered as runaways in the appropriate databases. Attempt to locate aired.
13) NORTH: Death Investigation – 9:22 p.m. Officers responded to a north side residence where a subject (37 year old WM) was found deceased by a friend. Drug paraphernalia located in the home. Medical Examiner responded. Investigation continuing.