From 5:30 a.m. on 11/07/2017 through 5:30 a.m. on 11/08/2017, MPD received 412 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) EAST: Residential Burglary – 6:07 a.m. Officers responded to Woodglen Trail for a report of a residential burglary. Access to the house was gained through an unlocked door in the garage after a garage door opener was used from an unlocked vehicle in the driveway. Numerous items reported stolen. Investigation continuing.
2) NORTH: Adult Arrested Person – 6:59 a.m. Officers responded to the 2400 block of Hoard Street for a domestic disturbance between two subjects (44 year old WF victim and 40 year old HM suspect). It was reported that the suspect pulled the victim's hair and threw her into a door. Physical evidence and witness statements were consistent with the victim's explanation of events. The suspect was arrested for domestic battery.
3) WEST: Attempt to Locate Person – 8:19 a.m. Officers responded to the area of Verona Rd/Allied Dr for a report of a missing juvenile (13 year old AAM). The juvenile was being sought by police after he absconded from his court-ordered home detention order, caller advised that he was possibly armed and that he fled from the police on 10/6. The juvenile was located and he fled from officers again. The juvenile was taken into detention and transported to the Juvenile Reception Center where additional charges of multiple counts of resisting arrest were filed.
4) CENTRAL: Missing Adult – 8:54 a.m. Officers responded to N. Hancock St where the caller reported being concerned about the welfare of a subject (44 year old MW) due to concerning text messages received by the caller from the subject. Area checked. Subject not located. Phone ping conducted. Attempt to locate aired. Subject listed as missing in the appropriate databases. Journey Mental Health notified.
5) EAST: OMVWI Arrest/Intoxicated Driver – 10:16 a.m. Officers responded to Nakoosa Trail for a subject (47 year old HM) who was observed slumped over in a vehicle. The subject was contacted and he was found to be under the influence of alcohol. The suspect was arrested for operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated (6th offense) and a probation hold.
6) EAST: Hit and Run Crash – 12:20 p.m. Officers responded to the area of Interstate 90 and the Beltline for a report of a two vehicle crash with one of the vehicle's fleeing the scene. The suspect vehicle was located abandoned. The area was checked and the driver/suspect (26 year old WM) was located and ultimately arrested for operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated, possession of heroin and possession of drug paraphernalia.
7) WEST: OMVWI Arrest/Intoxicated Driver – 12:46 p.m. Officers responded to the 4500 block of Hammersley Road for a report of a subject who "drove in and was staggering around." The caller was concerned that the subject was not fit to drive. The subject (48 year old WF) was contacted who was on the phone. When the police contacted her, she told the person she was talking to "I am about to get a DUI". The driver was found to be under the influence. She was arrested for operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated (3rd offense).
8) NORTH: Strong Arm Robbery – 6:10 p.m. Officers responded to the McDonald's parking lot on Dryden Drive where a victim (15 year old WM) reported that a suspect grabbed money from him and pushed him down. Investigation continuing.
9) WEST: Conveyance Mental Health – 6:14 p.m. Officers responded to a local hospital to transport a subject (12 year old WM) to Winnebago on an emergency detention order.
10) NORTH: Weapons Offense – 7:49 p.m. Officers responded to the 1400 block of Trailsway for a report of shots fired. Officers in the area heard the shots; however no evidence of shots fired was located. Investigation continuing.
11) CENTRAL: Check Person – 10:56 p.m. Officers responded to North Randall Ave for a suicidal subject (19 year old WF). The subject was contacted and transported to a local hospital where she was admitted voluntarily.
12) NORTH: Sexual Assault of a Child – 12:38 a.m. Officers responded to a north side residence for a report that an adolescent victim was sexually assaulted by a known acquaintance/suspect. Officers had contact with this family earlier in the week when the juvenile was reported as missing/runaway. When the juvenile returned home she reported the sexual assault to her father. Investigation continuing.
13) WEST: Drug Incident Overdose – 1:28 a.m. Officers responded to North Pleasant View Road for a subject (19 year old WF) having an overdose. Heroin and drug paraphernalia were observed on scene. The subject was transported to a local hospital where she was cited for possession of heroin, possession of drug paraphernalia and referred to the Madison Addiction Recovery Initiative (MARI) program.