From 5:30 a.m. on 10/26/2017 through 5:30 a.m. on 10/27/2017, MPD received 495 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) WEST: Death Investigation – 7:37 a.m. Officers responded to a residence on the west side of Madison for a deceased subject (70 year old WM). Subject had numerous health issues. Nothing suspicious located on scene. Medical Examiner responded.
2) WEST: Adult Arrested Person – 9:45 a.m. A 26 year old AAM suspect turned himself into the West Police District for an outstanding probation hold and several pending charges. The suspect was transported to the Dane County Jail.
3) EAST: Adult Arrested Person – 10:07 a.m. Officers responded to Rethke Avenue where a suspect, (46 year old WM) who is under a Chapter 51 commitment order, pulled the fire alarm for no reason. Maintenance was unable to reset the alarm because the suspect was refusing entry to his residence. Officers contacted the suspect who was initially cooperative but he became resistive once he was told he was being detained. The suspect resisted arrest and was eventually taken into protective custody with the use of an Electronic Control Device (ECD). The suspect was transported to a local hospital.
4) WEST: Child Abuse – 12:19 p.m. Officers responded to assist Child Protective Services with a child abuse investigation. The victim (9 year old AAM) had injuries consistent with abuse and the child reported that his mother pushed him into a wall. The mother/suspect (40 year old AAF) was contacted and she admitted she pushed the child, harder than intended. No charges substantiated at this time. Investigation continuing.
5) NORTH: Drug Incident Overdose – 3:06 p.m. Officers responded along with EMS to a possible overdose in the 600 block of Vera Court. The subject (35 year old WM) was located unconscious and was transported to a local hospital. No evidence of drug use located, however the caller indicated that the subject had a history of using cocaine. Investigation continuing.
6) WEST: Adult Arrested Person – 5:26 p.m. Officers were in the Morraine View area when they recognized a suspect (41 year old AAM) wanted on lewd and lascivious charges. The suspect was contacted and he lied about his identity. The suspect then fled on foot and attempted to scale a fence. When the suspect was being apprehended, he punched an officer in the chest and attempted to grab the officer's gun. The suspect was taken into custody and charged with resisting, attempted battery to an officer, attempt to disarm a peace officer, bail jumping, warrants for theft/theft by false representation/retail theft/lewd and lascivious.
7) WEST: Sexual Assault of a Child – 7:51 p.m. After a foster parent discovered that her 17 year old foster child had sexual contact with a 35 year old (male), a report was made to the police. The suspect was contacted and arrested for sexual intercourse with a child age 16 or older.
8) WEST: Drug Incident Overdose – 8:47 p.m. Officers responded to the 700 block of S. Gammon Road for a subject (32 year old WF) having an overdose. MFD administered Naloxone which revived the subject. The subject was transported to a local hospital where she was ultimately admitted due to her condition. She was cited for possession of heroin and possession of drug paraphernalia. Her probation agent was notified.
9) NORTH: Sexual Assault Report – 9:03 p.m. A 24 year old WF victim reported a sexual assault that occurred approximately a week ago with a suspect (30 year old WM) she met on a dating app. Investigation continuing.
10) WEST: Traffic Incident – 9:20 p.m. Officers observed a known suspect (31 year old AAM) conduct a drug transaction and drive off in a vehicle with incorrect plates on Sentinel Pass. A traffic stop was attempted and the suspect/vehicle fled. The vehicle was located later unoccupied. The suspect was not located. Investigation continuing.
11) CENTRAL: Assist EMS/Fire – 12:14 a.m. Officers responded along with EMS to Hawthorne Court for a male subject unconscious and bleeding from the head. The subject is transported to a local hospital where he is in critical condition. Investigation continuing. Press release issued.
12) CENTRAL: Aggravated/Substantial Battery – 2:03 a.m. Officers responded to Gilman/University for a battery. Two victims (both WM's, early 20's) reported that a verbal argument started with another group when the victims were thrown to the ground, kicked and hit multiple times. One victim reported losing consciousness. The suspects fled and were described as two WM's, in their early 20's. Investigation continuing.