From 5:30 a.m. on 04/02/2018 through 5:30 a.m. on 04/03/2018, MPD received 423 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials. For purposes of clarification, the following abbreviations are short-hand for race designations: W=White, AA=African American, NA=Native American, H=Hispanic, ME=Middle Eastern, A=Asian, MR=Mixed Race, U=Unknown. MPD shifts are staggered as follows: 1st detail=7 a.m. to 3 p.m., 2nd detail=12 p.m. to 8 p.m., 3rd detail=3 p.m. to 11 p.m., 4th detail=8 p.m. to 4 a.m., 5th detail=11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
**Priority calls only in the Central District from 6:08pm-8:10pm due to calls for service.
1) NORTH: Sexual Assault – 7:35 a.m. Officers met with a victim (35-year-old AAM) who believes he may have been sexually assaulted by a known suspect (34-year-old AAF). The victim responded to a local hospital for an evaluation. Investigation continuing.
2) CENTRAL: Check Person – 8:06 a.m. Officers initially received a request to check the welfare of a suicidal subject (32-year-old WM). Journey Mental Health and a local hospital were consulted. Services had already been initiated. MPD was advised that we would be summoned in the event of an emergency detention.
3) NORTH: Crash with Injuries – 10:06 a.m. Officers responded to Dryden Dr where a driver (21-year-old WF) was backing her vehicle from a parking stall when she struck a pedestrian (77-year-old WM). The pedestrian sustained injuries and was transported to a local hospital. Investigation continuing.
4) WEST: Assist Police – 3:32 p.m. MPD responded to assist the Town of Madison PD with the apprehension of an attempted homicide suspect. MPD assisted by taking statements from witness callers, conducted a K9 track, pursued the suspect via foot chase and ultimately apprehended and arrested the suspect (24-year-old AAM). The Town of Madison PD and Dane County Sheriff's Office has the lead in this investigation.
5) SOUTH: Missing Adult – 3:37 p.m. Officers responded to a report of a missing adult who expressed some suicidal comments after leaving an appointment. Areas checked. Attempt to locate aired. The subject (47-year-old AAM) was entered as missing in the appropriate databases. Investigation continuing.
6) CENTRAL: Intoxicated Driver/Arrest – 4:22 p.m. Officers responded to W. Main St for a report of an intoxicated driver. The driver/suspect (40-year-old WF) was found to be under the influence of drugs. The suspect was also found to be in possession of crack, marijuana and drug paraphernalia. The suspect was arrested for the drug charges and operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated.
7) EAST: Information – 5:26 p.m. Officers responded to a group home where a resident (30-year-old WF) reported being inappropriately contacted by a staff member. Investigation continuing.
8) EAST: Adult Arrested Person – 5:32 p.m. Officers responded to a retail theft at Target on Lien Rd. The suspect (53-year-old AAM) was arrested for retail theft, bail jumping and a probation violation warrant.
9) CENTRAL: Adult Arrested Person – 5:38 p.m. Officers responded to State St for a suspect causing a disturbance. The suspect (31-year-old AAM) was spitting, swearing at customers and head-butted an individual. The suspect was arrested for disorderly conduct and possession of drug paraphernalia.
10) NORTH: Drug Incident Overdose – 7:05 p.m. Officers responded to Third St to check the welfare of a subject. The subject (62-year-old WM) was found to be incoherent and under the influence of alcohol/drugs. The subject was conveyed to a local hospital and left in the care of medical staff.
11) NORTH: Conveyance Mental Health – 7:35 p.m. Officers responded to Kipling Dr for a suicidal subject (26-year-old WM). The subject was conveyed to a local hospital where he was voluntarily admitted. The subject was left in the care of medical staff. Journey Mental Health consulted.
12) NORTH: Strong Armed Robbery – 10:08 p.m. Officers responded to Goodland Dr where a victim (28-year-old WF) reported being robbed and battered by the suspect (32-year-old AAM). The suspect was arrested for robbery, battery and criminal damage to property.
13) MIDTOWN: Domestic Disturbance – 12:37 a.m. Officers responded to Vilas Ave where two roommates got into an altercation. The suspect (22-year-old WM) physically assaulted the victim (30-year-old WM). The victim sustained injuries which required stitches at a local hospital. The suspect was arrested for domestic substantial battery.
14) WEST: Assist EMS/Fire – 2:29 a.m. Officers responded to the 9400 block of Old Sauk Rd regarding a subject actively harming himself. The subject (54-year-old WM) was conveyed to a local hospital where he was voluntarily admitted. The subject was left in the care of medical staff.