From 5:30 a.m. on 02/21/2018 through 5:30 a.m. on 02/22/2018, MPD received 395 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials. For purposes of clarification, the following abbreviations are short-hand for race designations: W=White, AA=African American, NA=Native American, H=Hispanic, ME=Middle Eastern, A=Asian, MR=Mixed Race, U=Unknown.
**Priority only calls South/West/Midtown from 4:30pm-12:25am due to calls for service.
**Priority only calls North from 7:12pm-8:48pm due to calls for service.
1) CENTRAL: Traffic Incident – 8:16 a.m. Officers responded to a bus (empty) vs. vehicle crash at Ingersoll St./E. Washington Ave. The bus was struck by the vehicle as the bus was making a turn. The investigation revealed that the driver/suspect (23 year old AAM) of the vehicle was travelling at a high rate of speed due to fleeing from a hit and run crash that had just occurred. The suspect was cited for operating after suspension, suspended registration, no proof of insurance and hit/run.
2) NORTH: Weapons Offense – 8:18 a.m. Officers responded to a disturbance in the 2100 block of Packers Ave between two subjects (29 year old AAM and 30 year old AAM). It was reported that the 29 year old subject was attacking the other male with a knife. Officers arrived on scene and observed the 29 year old suspect to be in possession of a large knife. The suspect threw the knife down and proceeded to smash a vehicle window while officers were present. The 29 year old suspect was then taken into custody. A loaded handgun was found on this individual and he was charged with felon in possession of a firearm, disorderly conduct while armed and criminal damage to property. The 30 year old subject/suspect was also found to be an aggressor in this altercation so he was arrested for disorderly conduct.
3) CENTRAL: Check Person – 1:27 p.m. Officers responded to E. Johnson St to check the welfare of a suicidal subject (24 year WM). The subject was located and conveyed to a local hospital for an evaluation. Investigation continuing.
4) EAST: Weapons Offense – 3:39 p.m. MPD Educational Resource Officer (ERO) at LaFollette High School was alerted about a student in the building being in possession of a handgun. Contact was made with the student (16 year old AAM) who resisted contact/detention by the officer. The student was found to be in possession of a loaded handgun. The student was conveyed to the Juvenile Reception Center for possession of a firearm on school grounds. Press release completed. Investigation continuing.
5) NORTH: Death Investigation – 4:12 p.m. Officers responded to a north side residence for a pulseless non-breathing subject (28 year old WM). The subject's friend administered Naloxone to the subject which was not successful. The subject was pronounced deceased. Initial indicator is that this was a drug overdose. Drug paraphernalia on scene. Medical Examiner's office responded. Autopsy scheduled. Investigation continuing.
6) CENTRAL: Disturbance – 4:31 p.m. Officers responded to the 600 block of E. Washington Ave for a report of a subject (35 year old WM) causing a disturbance (yelling racial slurs and involved in a physical altercation). As officers were arriving on scene, the suspect exposed himself to various individuals. The suspect was arrested for disorderly conduct, lewd/lascivious acts and a probation violation.
7) WEST: Weapons Offense/Shots Fired – 6:27 p.m. Officers responded to the Kwik Trip located at 6702 Raymond Rd for a report of shots fired. Casings were located on scene. Damage to the building was observed. No injuries were discovered. The suspects were not on scene. Press release completed. Investigation continuing.
8) WEST: Weapons Offense – 7:49 p.m. Officers responded to Rocky's Liquor Store at 4217 West Beltline Hwy for a report of shots fired. Officers arrived on scene and were in the process of talking with witnesses when they were advised that a victim with injuries arrived at a local hospital. The victim (26 year old AAM) was confirmed to have been at the liquor store. The victim had non-life threatening injuries. There is a possibility that this call and the shooting that occurred on Raymond Rd are related. Press release completed. Investigation continuing.
9) WEST: Damage to Property – 8:26 p.m. Officers responded to the 5800 block of Russett Rd for damage located. The callers believed that the damage was caused by a weapon. Officers did not find any evidence of shots fired and believed the damage was caused by a rock/brick. Investigation continuing.
10) EAST: Armed Robbery – 9:26 p.m. Officers responded to the 3000 block of S. Stoughton Rd where a victim (27 year old WM) reported being robbed. The victim had just left on foot from the Dutch Mill Park-and-Ride. The victim described the suspect as a WM. The victim reported that the suspect had a large black handled knife which was displayed as the suspect ordered him to give him money. The suspect fled with some property and cash of the victim's. K9 track conducted. Press release completed. Investigation continuing.
11) SOUTH: Domestic Disturbance – 9:45 p.m. Officers responded to Ethelwyn Rd for a domestic disturbance between two subjects (36 year old WF victim and 36 year old WM suspect). The victim reported being pushed and strangled by the suspect. Probable cause was developed for the suspect for domestic battery. The suspect was not located. Investigation continuing.
12) WEST: Adult Arrested Person – 9:51 p.m. Officers responded to a local hospital for a domestic disturbance that started on Verona Rd between two subjects (44 year old AAF victim and 58 year old AAM suspect). The victim and suspect were driving together when they got into a verbal argument. The victim reported that the suspect punched her. The victim got out of the vehicle but the suspect was able to get her back into the vehicle where he continued to assault her. The suspect reported that he was the victim as he was stabbed with a scissors by the female. The male suspect was found to be the predominant aggressor and he was arrested for domestic disorderly conduct. The incident will be referred to the District Attorney's office as to the female's criminal culpability. Investigation continuing.
13) WEST: Armed Robbery – 1:22 a.m. Officers responded to N. Wickham where three victims (all AAMs, ages 26, 22 and 22) reported that a suspect (AAM) pointed a gun at them asking them for everything they had. No one was injured. Suspect fled. Press release completed. Investigation continuing.