From 5:30 a.m. on 09/12/2017 through 5:30 a.m. on 09/13/2017, MPD received 499 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) SOUTH: Death Investigation – 7:42 a.m. Officers were dispatched to a local hospital at the request of the Coroner regarding a deceased subject (30 year old WF) who had arrived at the hospital earlier in the morning. A witness (42 year old WM), who was with the decedent when she became unresponsive, transported her to the hospital himself instead of calling 911. The decedent is believed to have had an overdose. The jurisdiction of where the decedent was when she became unresponsive was found to be in Fitchburg, so therefore Fitchburg PD took over the investigation.
2) EAST: Assist EMS/Fire – 10:42 a.m. Officers responded to assist MFD with a structure fire in the 6600 block of Radford Drive. Officers assisted with street closures, traffic and security for approximately 2 hours.
3) CENTRAL: Death Investigation – 10:57 a.m. Officers responded to the 100 block of N. Franklin Street for a check welfare call. A subject (31 year old WM) was located deceased of an apparent suicide. Investigation continuing.
4) SOUTH: Sexual Assault of a Child – 2:44 p.m. Officers responded to the 2900 block of Coho Street with Child Protective Services where a juvenile/victim (14 year old AAF) disclosed an assault by a known suspect (41 year old AAM). Victim is safe and has no contact with the suspect. Investigation continuing.
5) NORTH: Disturbance – 4:03 p.m. Officers responded to the 500 block of Northport for a disturbance. A victim (40 year old AAF) reported a physical assault by a known suspect (27 year old AAF). Officers attempted to make contact with the suspect but he was not located at the residence. The victim was transported to a local hospital for a medical evaluation/treatment. There is probable cause for multiple charges for the suspect and it is believed he is in possession of the victim's vehicle which has been listed as stolen.
6) NORTH: Drug Incident Overdose – 4:50 p.m. Officers responded to the 1200 block of Woodward Drive for an unconscious subject (26 year old WM). The subject was attempting to leave the area as EMS arrived. The subject/suspect was taken into custody and transported to a local hospital where he admitted to using heroin. The suspect received a citation for possession of narcotics and possession of drug paraphernalia.
7) NORTH: Accident Hit and Run – 5:43 p.m. Officers responded to a hit and run accident in the 400 block of North Street. An occupant from the victim vehicle was transported to a local hospital. The suspect (23 year old WM) was identified, located and arrested for operating a motor vehicle while under the influence (first offense) and hit and run.
8) CENTRAL: Death Investigation – 7:14 p.m. Officers responded to the 3000 block of E. Washington Avenue for a deceased subject (82 year old AAM). Nothing suspicious located on scene. Medical Examiner's office contacted. Investigation continuing.
9) NORTH: Strong Arm Robbery – 7:49 p.m. Officers responded to the 3000 W. Washington Ave for a report of two men attempting to rob an individual. A victim was not able to be located/contacted. The caller of this incident provided details that appeared to describe a strong arm robbery incident. Suspects described as AAM's. Victim described as a WM. Investigation continuing.
10) SOUTH: Battery – 7:59 p.m. Officers were dispatched to a local hospital where a patient/suspect (63 year old WM) assaulted an employee/victim (27 year old WF) of the hospital. The patient remained at the hospital due to his medical needs and was charged with battery.
11) EAST: Attempted Armed Robbery – 12:41 a.m. Officers responded to the 2400 block of S. Stoughton Road for an attempted armed robbery. The victim (56 year old WM) was approached by an armed suspect (AAM, 30-40 years old) who attempted to order the victim to go back into a store. The victim disarmed the suspect, threw the gun and locked himself into the store. The suspect fled. The gun was located by officers. Investigation continuing. Press release completed.