From 5:30 a.m. on 12/17/2017 through 5:30 a.m. on 12/18/2017, MPD received 244 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) WEST: Adult Arrested Person – 10:01 a.m. Officers responded to a business on West Towne Way where it was reported that two suspects stole multiple cell phones valued at thousands of dollars. Officers responded and located one of the suspects (18 year old AAM). The suspect was arrested for retail theft. Investigation continuing for second suspect.
2) SOUTH: Check Person – 10:58 a.m. Officers responded to the 7700 block of Old Sauk Rd for a report of a possible abuse to a vulnerable individual. The victim (36 year old WM) reported that he was abused at his group home on the south side of town. The victim displayed several lacerations which required medical attention. The caretakers at the group home were contacted and they advised the injuries were self-inflicted. Investigation revealed that injuries were in fact self-inflicted. Dane County Human Services plugged in. The victim/subject was left in the care of the group home.
3) EAST: Missing Adult – 11:00 a.m. Officers responded to the 2700 block of Milwaukee St for a report of a missing adult (66 year old WF) with Alzheimer's Disease. Officers located the subject safe.
4) CENTRAL: Sexual Assault – 3:37 p.m. Officers responded to a local hospital for a report of a sexual assault by a victim (21 year old WF). The two suspects are known to the victim. All parties contacted. Investigation continuing.
5) WEST: Sexual Assault – 3:40 p.m. Officers responded to a local hospital where a victim (24 year old WF) reported a possible sexual assault. The victim did not recall a lot of details about what occurred. Alcohol was involved. Several witnesses were contacted. Investigation continuing.
6) EAST: Disturbance – 4:35 p.m. Officers responded to a residence on the east side for a juvenile (15 year old mixed race male) out of control. The juvenile was taken into protective custody and transported to a local hospital where he was voluntarily admitted for a mental health evaluation. Journey Mental Health consulted. The juvenile was left in the care of his family/hospital staff.
7) CENTRAL: Check Person – 6:58 p.m. Officers responded to Morrison Ave to check the welfare of a 32 year old WM subject with paranoid schizophrenia who was reportedly off his medications. The subject was contacted and conveyed to a local hospital where he was voluntarily admitted. Journey Mental Health consulted. The subject was left in the care of hospital staff.
8) WEST: Domestic Disturbance – 8:44 p.m. Officers responded to Ridge Rd for a disturbance. The suspect (40 year old WF) had a hammer and started to damage the home that she shares with her mother (70 year old WF). The suspect continued to damage the home as the mother contacted 911. Officers contact the suspect who was not cooperative and resisted their commands. The suspect was taken into custody and charged with disorderly conduct, criminal damage to property and resisting arrest.
9) NORTH: Adult Arrested Person – 11:22 p.m. Officers responded to the 2000 block of Packers Ave at the request of the Department of Corrections who was looking for a suspect who violated their probation/parole rules. The suspect (26 year old NAM) was located and arrested.
10) EAST: Adult Arrested Person – 11:23 p.m. Officers responded to the 3800 block of Milwaukee St for a suspect who was on the property but was banned. The suspect (62 year old WM) was contacted and arrested for trespassing after notification. He was also found to have multiple outstanding warrants for which he was conveyed to the local jail.