From 5:30 a.m. on 01/07/2018 through 5:30 a.m. on 01/08/2018, MPD received 286 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) NORTH: Domestic Disturbance – 7:10 a.m. An officer was flagged down on Coolidge St where a victim (25 year old WF) reported that she was battered by her boyfriend/suspect (26 year old WM). The victim described being battered over a 5 hour time-frame before she was able to escape. The suspect was arrested on charges of domestic battery, domestic strangulation and disorderly conduct.
2) SOUTH: Weapons Offense Person w/Gun – 11:34 a.m. Officers responded to the 2000 block of Baird St where a suspect (34 year old AAM) entered a residence without consent looking for an individual who was not home. The suspect displayed a gun and fled in a vehicle. There is probable cause for the arrest of the suspect for charges of unlawful trespass and disorderly conduct while armed. Investigation continuing.
3) WEST: Adult Arrested Person – 12:37 p.m. Officers responded to a business in the 4500 block of Verona Rd for a felony retail theft. The suspect (20 year old WM) was arrested on theft charges and a probation hold.
4) CENTRAL: Battery – 2:40 p.m. Officers responded to the 600 block of E. Washington Ave for a male punching a female in the face. Officers arrived and contacted the victim (45 year old AAF) who reported being punched by the suspect (50 year old AAM). The suspect was arrested for disorderly conduct and battery.
5) CENTRAL: Armed Robbery – 2:45 p.m. Officers responded to a business in the 900 block of Regent St for an armed robbery where a suspect (WM) displayed a handgun. The suspect fled on foot. Press release completed. Investigation continuing.
6) EAST: Traffic Arrest – 5:30 p.m. Officers conducted a traffic stop near Lien/Thompson Rd. The suspect (33 year old WM) was found in possession of drug paraphernalia and a folding knife (which is prohibited as he is a convicted felon). The suspect was arrested for felon in possession of a dangerous weapon and operating after revocation.
7) EAST: Missing Juvenile/Runaway – 6:07 p.m. Officers responded to East Towne Mall for a report of a missing 4 year old child. The child was located safe sleeping under a clothing rack.
8) EAST: Stolen Auto – 8:50 p.m. Officers responded to an east side residence for a report of a stolen vehicle that was left unoccupied, running and unlocked. Attempt to locate aired. The vehicle was listed as stolen in the appropriate databases. Investigation continuing.
9) NORTH: Missing Juvenile/Runaway – 9:33 p.m. Officers responded to a motel on Hayes Rd to meet with the parent of a missing juvenile (16 year old AAF). The parent had information that the juvenile, who had been reported missing/runaway several weeks ago, was at the motel with another juvenile and an unknown 30 year old male. Officers attempted to locate the juvenile but were unsuccessful. During the course of the investigation, officers located and recovered a stolen auto from the parking lot. Investigation continuing.
10) WEST: Recovered/Stolen Vehicle – 9:41 p.m. Town of Madison officers located a stolen vehicle (with the assistance of On-Star) and a stop was attempted. The vehicle fled and a pursuit was not initiated. Madison PD officers later located the vehicle (also with the assistance of On-Star) unoccupied in the 2400 block of Allied Dr. Owners were contacted and recovered the vehicle. Investigation continuing.
11) NORTH: Missing Juvenile/Runaway – 10:14 p.m. Officers responded to the 2000 block of Northport Dr for a report of a missing juvenile (15 year old AAF). Attempt to locate aired. The juvenile was listed as missing/runaway in the appropriate databases. The mother reported several hours later that the juvenile was located in the Dells and she was en-route to pick her up. Missing status cancelled.
12) CENTRAL: Adult Arrested Person – 10:20 p.m. Officers responded to N. Hamilton St/N. Pinckney St for an intoxicated suspect causing a disturbance (screaming at people, trying to get into occupied vehicles). This was the 4th call for service in a short period of time regarding this same suspect (48 year old AAM). The suspect was arrested for open intoxicants and disorderly conduct.
13) WEST: Weapons Offense/Shots Fired – 2:47 a.m. Officers responded to Whitcomb Dr for a report of shots fired. No evidence of shots fired was located. Additional canvassing may be necessary during daylight hours. Investigation continuing.