The information contained in my blog is derived from notes provided by MPD Officers-In-Charge (OIC) at the end of their shifts. Most narratives represent early and preliminary information that was gathered by an OIC from those in the field who were actively working cases. The OIC is sharing what they were being told, in the moment. In many instances, facts and circumstances, even the type of crime listed, can change as officers, detectives and investigators continue their work.
From 6:00 a.m. on 09/26/2018 through 6:00 a.m. on 09/27/2018, MPD received 499 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials. For purposes of clarification, the following abbreviations are short-hand for race designations: W=White, AA=African American, NA=Native American, H=Hispanic, ME=Middle Eastern, A=Asian, MR=Mixed Race, U=Unknown. MPD shifts are staggered as follows: 1st detail=7 a.m. to 3 p.m., 2nd detail=12 p.m. to 8 p.m., 3rd detail=3 p.m. to 11 p.m., 4th detail=8 p.m. to 4 a.m., 5th detail=11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
To further break down the 499 calls for service for the past 24-hours this is how the calls came in per district: Central (80), East (72), Midtown (82), North (86), South (55), West (82), and Other (42). Other=these are calls for service that either do not have a sector listed or the sector is not in the City. For example, if one of our officers assists another law enforcement agency, their sector is not listed in our districts so therefore it is listed under "other".
**Priority calls only from 11:02am-3pm due to calls for service.
1) WEST: Check Person/Possible Sexual Assault – 9:30 a.m. Officers responded to Junction Rd to check the welfare of a subject (28-year-old WF) after she was located by a friend. The subject had concerning marks on her body. The subject did not recall much about what occurred. There was information related to officers about a previous domestic history between the subject and an ex-boyfriend (WM). Investigation continuing.
2) EAST: Weapons Offense – 10:37 a.m. Officers responded to Linda Vista Rd (Turner Ave) where a juvenile suffered a non-life threatening gunshot wound. Witnesses were interviewed. Incident Report on MPD's website completed. Investigation continuing.
3) WEST: Drug Incident/Investigation – 3:21 p.m. Officers were on the west side monitoring short term traffic when they observed a suspect (21-year-old AAM) making a sale. Officers attempted to detain the suspect who resisted and fled in a vehicle. The suspect is at-large. Once located, the suspect will be charged with possession of THC, resisting and eluding. Investigation continuing.
4) WEST: Check Person – 3:45 p.m. At the request of Journey Mental Health, MPD mental health officers made contact with a subject (84-year-old WM) who had been acting out recently and refusing treatment. Officers are in contact with the subject's family and local hospitals to determine the best plan for the subject. A safety plan was developed and the subject was left in the care of his original caregivers.
5) NORTH: Weapons Offense – 4:33 p.m. Officers responded to Northport Drive for a disturbance between two subjects (23-year-old AAF victim and 21-year-old AAM suspect). The victim reported being battered by the suspect and stated the suspect pulled a gun on her. The suspect was located and arrested for domestic battery. A gun was not recovered. Investigation continuing.
6) SOUTH: Check Person – 8:07 p.m. Officers responded to W. Olin Ave where the caller (49-year-old WM) reported hearing his neighbor say that she had a gun and was going to shoot him. The threats could not be substantiated. No further action deemed necessary by the police.
7) CENTRAL: Check Property – 10:03 p.m. Officers responded to N. Henry St after two callers reported hearing a single gunshot or "explosion" in the area. Areas checked. No evidence of shots fired located. Additional canvassing may be necessary during daylight hours. Investigation continuing.
8) NORTH: Adult Arrested Person – 10:49 p.m. Officers responded to Calypso Road for a "person threatening people with knives". Officers arrived and did not locate any disturbance, initially. A few minutes later, a subject/suspect (50-year-old AAM) approached officers and "surrendered". Officers identified and made contact with two victims (41-year-old AAF and 52-year-old AAF) who reported the suspect threatened them with a knife. A knife was not located. The suspect was arrested for disorderly conduct.
9) WEST: Residential Burglary – 1:29 a.m. Officers responded to a west side residence after the caller/homeowner (59-year-old WM) discovered that someone threw a rock through the glass patio door of his home. Officers cleared the residence. At the time officers were present, the homeowner did not report anything missing. Later in the night the homeowner called dispatch to report several items (wallet, purse, credit cards, etc.) missing from his home. Investigation continuing.
10) NORTH: Strong Armed Robbery – 3:04 a.m. Officers responded to a north side residence where a suspect (32-year-old AAM), known to the victim (34-year-old AAF) broke into her home. The suspect physically assaulted the victim and threatened to kill her. The victim sustained visible injuries. The suspect is at-large. Investigation continuing.