From 5:30 a.m. on 02/05/2018 through 5:30 a.m. on 02/06/2018, MPD received 430 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials. For purposes of clarification, the following abbreviations are short-hand for race designations: W=White, AA=African American, NA=Native American, H=Hispanic, ME=Middle Eastern, A=Asian, MR=Mixed Race, U=Unknown.
*Limited crash response from 8:45am-10:45am due to a very high number of calls regarding crashes.
1) SOUTH: Armed Robbery - 9:15 a.m. Officers responded to the 2200 block of S. Park St for follow-up reference an armed robbery that occurred two years ago. The armed robbery victim (18 year old HM) reported that the suspect was on location. The alleged suspect (19 year old AAM) was contacted and interviewed. Investigation continuing.
2) NORTH: Adult Arrested Person - 9:19 a.m. Officers responded to the 500 block of Northport Drive where the caller (34 year old AAF) reported a male that she did not know was causing a scene (being loud) and refusing to leave. It was later determined that the caller allowed the male (28 year old AAM) to stay with her for the past two nights. The male subject had probable cause for his arrest on a previous domestic battery incident. He was taken into custody for this charge and conveyed to jail. The suspect was also found to be in possession of a crack pipe.
3) NORTH: Mental Health Conveyance - 2:45 p.m. Officers responded to the 3500 block of Packers Ave to check the welfare of a suicidal subject (27 year old WM). The subject was conveyed to a local hospital where he voluntarily admitted for an evaluation/treatment.
4) EAST: Sexual Assault of a Child - 3:10 p.m. An officer responded to make contact with the caller/victim (47 year old WF) who wished to report numerous sexual assault incidents that occurred on Milwaukee Street when she was 11 years old. The suspect (65 year old WM) was identified by the victim. Investigation continuing.
5) SOUTH: Sexual Assault of a Child - 4:50 p.m. Officers received a call regarding a sexual assault of a child (7 year old WF) by a known suspect (32 year old WM). The location of the assault was not initially known by the victim or the victim's mother. The victim responded to a local hospital for an evaluation. A location of the sexual assault was identified to be in the City of Fitchburg. Officers completed their initial investigation/reports and will work with Fitchburg PD to determine which jurisdiction will complete the investigation. Investigation continuing.
6) NORTH: Check Person - 4:54 p.m. Officers responded to a motel on Hayes Rd to check the welfare of two children (1 year old and 3 year old), as well as their parents who were reportedly using drugs. It was also reported that the father had an outstanding warrant. Contact was made with all parties. There were no concerns observed about the welfare of the children. The father/suspect (32 year old WM) was taken into custody on his outstanding warrant and conveyed to jail. The children were left in the care of their mother (27 year old WF).
7) CENTRAL: Missing Juvenile/Runaway - 5:00 p.m. Officers responded to the 1400 block of E. Main St to make contact with a missing/runaway juvenile (10 year old WM). The juvenile reported abusive treatment by his father's girlfriend. Child Protective Services was notified. The juvenile was released to his mother.
8) EAST: Mental Health Conveyance - 6:20 p.m. Officers responded to an east side residence for a subject (57 year old WF) having a psychotic episode. The subject was conveyed to a local hospital where she voluntarily admitted.
9) EAST: Stolen Auto - 8:13 p.m. Officers responded to a report of a stolen auto from Acewood Blvd. The vehicle was left running, unlocked and unoccupied when it was stolen. The stolen vehicle was involved in a crash and the suspect/driver left the area in another vehicle. The stolen vehicle was recovered and returned to the registered owner. Investigation continuing.
10) SOUTH: Mental Health Conveyance - 10:35 p.m. Officers responded to the 2900 block of Turbot Dr where a subject (57 year old AAM) damaged property. The subject requested to be taken to a hospital for a mental health evaluation. The subject was conveyed to local hospital and left in the care of medical staff. Officers were called back out to Turbot Drive shortly after 4am because the subject had returned home and wished to report that his caregiver did not get out of bed fast enough to help him. No further action by the police was found necessary.
11) EAST: Adult Arrested Person - 11:05 p.m. Officers responded to Belmont Rd for a report of a domestic disturbance. The suspect (48 year old WM) called the police on himself reporting that he needed to go to jail. The suspect was found intoxicated. The suspect was yelling, screaming, breaking items and threatening the victim (22 year old WM). The suspect was arrested for domestic disorderly conduct.
12) SOUTH: Adult Arrested Person - 2:35 a.m. Officer observed a vehicle in a snow bank on West Badger Rd at Cypress Way. Contact was made with the driver (28 year old HM) and he was found to be impaired. The driver failed field sobriety tests and he was arrested for operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated (1st offense) as well as a probation hold.
13) SOUTH: Adult Arrested Person - 3:12 a.m. Officers responded to the 1100 block of Moorland Rd for a male yelling for help. Officers located a subject/victim (23 year old AAM) who reported a disturbance with his partner/suspect (27 year old AAM). The suspect was located and he was arrested for domestic disorderly conduct.