From 5:30 a.m. on 01/17/2018 through 5:30 a.m. on 01/18/2018, MPD received 371 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) WEST: Theft - 6:28 a.m. Officers responded to Balsam Rd where a victim (43 year old WF) reported that a known suspect (42 year old AAM) stole a financial assistance card from her. Investigation continuing.
2) NORTH: Adult Arrested Person - 9:33 a.m. Officers responded to the 3500 block of Anderson St for a disturbance. The suspect (28 year old AAM) became resistive when officers contacted him and attempted to make an arrest. The suspect was ultimately conveyed to jail for disorderly conduct and resisting.
3) SOUTH: Adult Arrested Person - 10:00 a.m. Officers responded to the 800 block of W. Badger Rd for a suspect who was present and had a probation hold placed on him. The suspect (34 year old AAM) was arrested and conveyed to jail.
4) WEST: Conveyance Mental Health – 10:16 a.m. MPD officers responded to a clinic on the far west side for a suicidal patient who needed transport to a hospital for a mental health evaluation. Officers contacted the patient (27 year old AM) and transported him to the hospital. A petition for emergency detention was completed and the subject was conveyed to Winnebago.
5) EAST: Death Investigation - 12:49 p.m. MPD officers responded to the 4700 block of Dutch Mill Rd for a female yelling that her sister was not breathing. Officers arrived to find the victim (20 year old WF) deceased of a possible overdose of prescribed medication. The ME's office responded and an autopsy is scheduled. Investigation continuing.
6) EAST: Threats Complaint – 2:50 p.m. MPD officers responded to East Towne Mall for a report of a suspect (60 year old WM) wishing to purchase firearms to "kill cops." When the store employee denied the sale, the suspect said that he was "just going to go buy it somewhere else". The suspect left the store prior to police arrival. Investigation continuing.
7) WEST: Weapons Offense – 3:04 p.m. MPD officers responded to a subject with a knife at the Metcalfe's Market at Hilldale Mall. Two suspects (AAM, WF) were confronted by the Loss Prevention Officer about a possible retail theft, and the AAM suspect pulled a pocket knife on the LPO upon being asked to return to the store. The WF suspect did return the stolen merchandise to the LPO and both suspects left the area on foot prior to police arrival. Investigation continuing.
8) SOUTH: Sexual Assault of a Child – 3:16 p.m. MPD officers responded to a report of the caller's mother's boyfriend (47 year old AAM) engaging in inappropriate touching of a juvenile (13 year old AAF). Probable cause was established to arrest the suspect.
9) EAST: Death Investigation – 3:33 p.m. MPD officers responded to the 200 block of N Thompson Rd for a report of a woman who was not breathing and cold to the touch. The caller had not heard from a friend (67 year old WF) in several days and responded to her apartment to check her welfare. Upon entering the apartment, the resident was found to be deceased. The subject had a history of health issues. ME responded and nothing suspicious was noted in the apartment.
10) WEST: Assist Fire – 5:30 p.m. MPD officers responded to assist MFD with a vehicle fire on the Beltline at Gammon Rd. Other motorists flagged down the driver of the vehicle that burned to alert her that the car was on fire. The driver (23 year old AAF) was able to safely exit the vehicle before the flames got going, and the flames reached reported heights of approximately 10 feet and taller. Officers assisted with traffic direction while MFD attended to the fire.
11) CENTRAL: Missing Juvenile – 5:43 p.m. MPD officers responded to S Fourth St for a report of a subject (17 year old AAF) who did not return home after being at the library with her brothers. The subject was ultimately located at the Dutch Mill bus stop and voluntarily agreed to go to Briarpatch. The family was notified.
12) EAST/SOUTH: Fugitives Arrested – 6:45 p.m. Detectives from the Chicago PD requested assistance from MPD and Fitchburg PD to arrest two fugitives from outstanding homicide charges in Chicago. Units from MPD's VCU, BCU, Dane County Narcotics Task Force, Gang Unit, and Fitchburg PD were able to safely locate and arrest both suspects, who were subsequently turned over to a grateful Chicago PD.
13) CENTRAL: Death Investigation – 8:27 p.m. Officers responded to the 800 block of Williamson Street to check the welfare of two subjects who had not been seen for several days. At the residence, officers found one subject (67 year old WM) on the floor, clearly deceased. A second subject (67 year old WF) was also located in the residence and was transported to a local hospital. No signs of foul play were located, and the ME also noted nothing suspicious. Press release completed, investigation continuing.
14) WEST: Adult Arrested Person – 8:33 p.m. Officers responded to Target at Hilldale for a suspect (39 year old AAM) causing a disturbance. The suspect had been walking through the store, knocking items off of shelves and yelling loudly. He refused to leave when asked by security and also made threats to shoot them. Officers arrived and arrested the suspect for two counts of disorderly conduct
15) SOUTH: Weapons Offense – 1:26 a.m. Monona PD stopped a motorist for speeding, who subsequently advised the attending officer that he had been threatened with a gun in the 2300 block of Cypress Way earlier. This information was turned over to MPD and investigation is continuing.
16) SOUTH :Adult Arrested Person – 2:34 a.m. Madison officers responded to a three-car accident at the intersection of S Park Street and W Washington Ave. The driver who caused the crash (27 year old WF) was found to be impaired and was arrested for 1st offense OWI. During the investigation of the crash, a passenger in the suspect's vehicle (23 year old AAM) was found to have a loaded handgun and subsequently resisted arrest. The AAM suspect was also later found to be in possession of several types of drugs. The AAM suspect was arrested for felon in possession of a firearm, CCW violation, resisting arrest, possession of controlled substances, and possession with intent to deliver controlled substances.