From 5:30 a.m. on 09/03/2017 through 5:30 a.m. on 09/04/2017, MPD received 384 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) WEST: Disturbance – 6:14 a.m. Suspect (31 year old AAM) and victim (31 year old AAF) had been out together and returned to victim's residence on Russett Rd. Victim tells the suspect to leave and suspect refuses. The victim knows that the suspect carries a gun and is also prone to being violent. Since the suspect continues to refuse to leave, the victim barricades herself in her bedroom. The victim hears the suspect say, "If you call the police I'll blow this place up!" The victim believed that this threat was in reference to the suspect being armed. The victim climbed out of her bedroom window and called MPD from across the street. MPD arrived, entered and cleared the residence and the suspect was not located at this time. Probable cause established for Disorderly Conduct, Criminal Damage to Property and Intimidation of a Victim. Investigation continuing.
2) NORTH: Accident Private Property – 8:32 a.m. The suspect (21 year old WF) was headed south on Hwy 51 approaching Anderson St when she lost control of her vehicle and crashed into a traffic signal causing the signal pole to fall. City Traffic & Engineering responded to deal with the downed traffic signal which was blocking the roadway. The suspect was the only occupant, not injured, and no alcohol factors present.? The suspect was cited and released for failure to have control.
3) NORTH: Check Person – 11:20 a.m. MPD was dispatched to the Comfort Inn & Suites located at 4822 E Washington Ave for the report of a family member calling and saying that a subject (35 year old WF) was threatening suicide. Officers arrived and made contact with the subject. Subject admitted to officers that she ingested pills. MFD responded and the subject has been transported to an area hospital for a voluntary admit.
4) SOUTH: Theft – 2:24 p.m. MPD was dispatched to the 1100 block of Moorland Rd to take a report of a theft of a firearm. The 31 year old AAF victim reported that a 26 year old AAM suspect took her handgun and would not return it. Officers were able to contact the suspect and arrested him for a probation violation and theft of firearm. The weapon was not recovered at this time. Investigation continuing.
5) WEST: Domestic Disturbance - 4:18 p.m. MPD was dispatched to Wickham Ct reference an active disturbance between family members. Officers arrive and are able to safely stabilize the situation. A 36 year old AAF suspect was arrested for her involvement in the disturbance. The suspect was conveyed to an area hospital for treatment for prior medical concerns not related to today's incident. Investigation continuing.
6) EAST: Domestic Disturbance - 4:31 p.m. MPD was dispatched to a domestic disturbance in the 5000 block of Maher Ave. During the course of the investigation, the 37 year old HF victim discloses a previous incident where the 41 year old HM suspect battered the victim during an argument. The suspect was arrested for Domestic Battery and Domestic Disorderly Conduct. Investigation continuing.
7) EAST: Sexual Assault - 6:11 p.m. MPD officers were dispatched to Clyde Gallagher Ave where a 52 year old AAF was reporting that she had been sexually assaulted by a 59 year old AAM and that he was leaving the scene. Officers were able to make contact with the suspect several blocks away. The victim went to the hospital for a Forensic Nurse Examination (FNE). The suspect will be taken to jail on Sexual Assault charges. Investigation continuing.
8) WEST: Runaway Juvenile - 7:47 p.m. MPD was dispatched to take a report of a 16 year old AAM runaway from Westbrook Ln. Mother of juvenile stated that he has been gone for approximately one week and that he has done this multiple times in the past. Juvenile entered into NCIC.
9) SOUTH: Check Person - 9:09 p.m. Call came out after 9pm regarding a 26 year old WF subject who may be suicidal. The subject's boyfriend just ended the relationship and moved out of the home. The subject has had previous suicide attempts and her therapist thought she may have tried to commit suicide. Mail was outside of her door and a light was on inside. Maintenance responded from Sun Prairie and provided keys. Officers entered at around 10:22 p.m. and found the subject in her bed with her arms crossed, no pulse, with agonal breathing. An MPD sergeant and officer each administered naloxone as another MPD officer started CCR. Officers were able to get a pulse back and MFD transported her to the hospital. Several types of pills were located next to the bed where she was found. Investigation continuing.
10) WEST: Missing Juvenile - 9:41 p.m. The mother of an 8 yr old boy left him in the custody of an acquaintance (40 year old AAF) who has watched the child on other occasions. The child was to stay at that residence (Whitcomb Cir) from Friday until Sunday evening. When the mother went to pick up the child, no one was there. The mother and officers were unable to locate or contact the acquaintance, her kids, or the 8 year old. The child was listed as missing and an ATL (Attempt to Locate) was aired for the child. In the course of their investigation, officers also discovered an unrelated warrant for the acquaintance/suspect. The suspect eventually called the mother multiple times, arranging different locations to pick up her child, and then changing that location each time when the mother arrived. The suspect eventually dropped the 8 year old off at a gas station alone and told the mother where her child was. The mother responded to the gas station and located her child. Probable cause to arrest will be written on the suspect. Investigation continuing.
11) SOUTH: Check Person - 4:14 a.m. Caller to 911 reported that she had been kidnapped from an address on E Buckeye Rd, and was being kept against her will in a stolen auto. 911 requested phone pings and attempted callback multiple times as officers searched the area. Eventually, officers were able to get hold of the phone owner (16 year old AAF), who stated that friends had apparently made a prank call and she was home safe at her parent's residence. Officers responded to ensure the female was safe and spoke to her and her parents.